Mike Rice suspended 3 games fined 50K by Buttgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Rice suspended 3 games fined 50K by Buttgers

I thought his guys played well for him the past couple years. Almost took us to overtime in his first season with a lively team, and that Biruta kid dominated Fab last year.

Too bad he's out of his mind.

Rutgers has had their most talented players transfer - looks like Mike Rice as coach isn't changing that fact. Biruta left the team to transfer after last season as a sophomore.

Rutgers has had their most talented players transfer- looks Mike Rice as coach isn't changing that fact. Biruta left the team to transfer after last season as a sophomore.

Must be ingrained in the culture down there. Stepping stone for coaches and players alike.

Sounds like there's going to be a coaching spot open real soon. Of course, maybe his putrid W-L record also has something to do with this severe and public rebuke.

Sounds like there's going to be a coaching spot open real soon. Of course, maybe his putrid W-L record also has something to do with this severe and public rebuke.

Gonna throw a name out there for the next Rutgers coach...Tommy Amaker.

Oh, Rutgers basketball. I'll take my 2012 steak of turmoil medium-rare, thank you.

Gonna throw a name out there for the next Rutgers coach...Tommy Amaker.

I think Amaker would have a hard time there. He would be a great hire for one of the C7 schools though. The kids he recruits probably have little interest in playing in the Big 10. They might want to look to an up and coming Missouri Valley coach and pull some kids from the midwest.