Mike Trout on the block? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Trout on the block?

I don't think the cubs would go after him, cant see them breaking up the nucleus they have right now and with a healthy Schwarber next year, just don't see it but who knows, but would agree Trout to me is best player in the game right now

Trout is Mantle to this point in his career, and seems destined to hang up greater numbers before he is through.

But just how good was Mantle? He had an amazing statistical career despite never being healthy and drinking himself to an early grave.

Yeah obviously he was before my time but the guy was just supposed to be a ridiculous athlete, to go along with the power/walks/etc.

I just don't buy him being on the block even a tiny bit.

The only way that's possible is if there are off the field issues that we don't know about yet.

The only way that's possible is if there are off the field issues that we don't know about yet.
Those issues could be a Jersey kid in Cali playing for a loser, wanting to come home and play in front of friends and family for a winner...like the Yankees.

Those issues could be a Jersey kid in Cali playing for a loser, wanting to come home and play in front of friends and family for a winner...like the Yankees.

I mean, wouldn;t the Phillies be more home for him than the Yankees? His hometown is basically as close to Baltimore as it is to Manhattan.

Just to reiterate, I don't think there's a chance in the world he's on the block.

I mean, wouldn;t the Phillies be more home for him than the Yankees? His hometown is basically as close to Baltimore as it is to Manhattan.

Just to reiterate, I don't think there's a chance in the world he's on the block.
Mike Trout is an Eagles fan so your right. Kaiser has the mindset that it's the Yankees manifest destiny to get whoever they want just because they are the Yankees.
When those times are gone because of revenue sharing and George Steinbrenner being gone.
The Yankees don't have the assets to get Trout if he was available.

most certainly the Phillies are closer for him as far as hometown goes. but its not like theyd have to drive or train to say Boston.

I would say Baltimore and DC would be in play, but no way can the expos pay Trout & Harper and their arms

Mike Trout is an Eagles fan so your right. Kaiser has the mindset that it's the Yankees manifest destiny to get whoever they want just because they are the Yankees.
When those times are gone because of revenue sharing and George Steinbrenner being gone.
The Yankees don't have the assets to get Trout if he was available.

I doubt the guy is even available or that the Yankess would give up the ridiculous ransom it would take but the Yankees definitely have the assests to make that trade happen. They now have the #1 or 2 farm system in all of baseball, 3 at the absolute worst.

most certainly the Phillies are closer for him as far as hometown goes. but its not like theyd have to drive or train to say Boston.

I would say Baltimore and DC would be in play, but no way can the expos pay Trout & Harper and their arms

I give the Yankees a much better shot of signing Bryce in 2 years than trading for Trout.

I give the Yankees a much better shot of signing Bryce in 2 years than trading for Trout.
that will be interesting because by then, hopefully...Frazier is in Center and Judge is in right.

that will be interesting because by then, hopefully...Frazier is in Center and Judge is in right.

I'm pretty sure neither guy is going to block Bryce Harper

I doubt the guy is even available or that the Yankess would give up the ridiculous ransom it would take but the Yankees definitely have the assests to make that trade happen. They now have the #1 or 2 farm system in all of in a baseball, 3 at the absolute worst.
Yankees have an elite farm system but to get a player like Trout you would have to t give the Angels major league talent. The Yankees don't have the major league talent to include in a deal.

in a perfect world, you never trade a player of his caliber.

but Anaheim is just about as far from perfect as you can get in baseball. It's an unnoticeable, indistinguished place in the middle of a vast suburban sprawl - even those of us who have lived here for years can't really tell when we've left Orange or Fullerton and entered Anaheim; it's forever in the shadow of Los Angeles & the Dodgers. The Angels have the worst depth of talent in the majors with no hope for improvement in the immediate future.

They've got Trout and little else. They have him under team control for 4 more seasons. As those years tick down and the losses pile up, the probability of losing him to free agency becomes a near certainty.

Is he being actively shopped? No. Should the Angels listen to any reasonable offer? I think they must and probably already have fielded one or two feelers.

in a perfect world, you never trade a player of his caliber.

but Anaheim is just about as far from perfect as you can get in baseball. It's an unnoticeable, indistinguished place in the middle of a vast suburban sprawl - even those of us who have lived here for years can't really tell when we've left Orange or Fullerton and entered Anaheim; it's forever in the shadow of Los Angeles & the Dodgers. The Angels have the worst depth of talent in the majors with no hope for improvement in the immediate future.

They've got Trout and little else. They have him under team control for 4 more seasons. As those years tick down and the losses pile up, the probability of losing him to free agency becomes a near certainty.

Is he being actively shopped? No. Should the Angels listen to any reasonable offer? I think they must and probably already have fielded one or two feelers.

I don't disagree, I just don't know what a "reasonable offer" for the best player in baseball is. He's so just good.

4 years is a long time. Hard to believe, but just 2 years ago, the Angels had the best record in the AL. (Seriously, I had to look it up). No doubt the team looks barren now, but who's to say they don't make a few good moves and they're at least back in contention in a few years and have a chance to sign Trout again.

Trout literally is a once in a generation, if not longer, player. That's a phrase that gets thrown around a lot but I think it's the case here. I just think there's almost no way to get fair value back.

Yankees have an elite farm system but to get a player like Trout you would have to t give the Angels major league talent. The Yankees don't have the major league talent to include in a deal.

Again not saying they would do this but they could certainly send someone like a Gardner, Betances, Didi, or even Sanchez in a deal. They have plenty of MLB ready talent or prospects.

Again not saying they would do this but they could certainly send someone like a Gardner, Betances, Didi, or even Sanchez in a deal. They have plenty of MLB ready talent or prospects.
I mean if the Yanks started with Sanchez, Betances, and their top 3-4 prospects the Angels may at least take the call. I don't see them doing it with that offer though.
Trout is Willie Mays.

I mean if the Yanks started with Sanchez, Betances, and their top 3-4 prospects the Angels may at least take the call. I don't see them doing it with that offer though.
Trout is Willie Mays.

He might be Willie Mays but the team is god awful and one person can't but a baseball team over the top a la basketball or even football to an extent. If the Angels are waiting for the greatest trade package of all time there gonna be waiting a while. If I was the Yankees or any other team I would just wait out, eventually there going to deal him with a year or so left on the contract and he can be had for less then whatever crazy offer it would take now.