Mike Young to Va Tech | Syracusefan.com

Mike Young to Va Tech

Wonder why Seton Hall went from being a dung heap to getting top 50 recruits? Willard knew how from being an assistant for Rick Pitino at Louisville. Payoffs, hooker parties -- hmmm. Will bring his tricks to VT.

Wonder why Seton Hall went from being a dung heap to getting top 50 recruits? Willard knew how from being an assistant for Rick Pitino at Louisville. Payoffs, hooker parties -- hmmm. Will bring his tricks to VT.
Hooker parties?

Good coach I’m sure but Va Tech fans are probably very ehhh towards this hire

Decent hire of a veteran coach. He was a bit inconsistent at Wofford but very difficult to build an annual contender at that level.

Good coach I’m sure but Va Tech fans are probably very ehhh towards this hire
He checks off some boxes but it's not a sexy pick. I can't say for sure that he is an upgrade over Buzz. As recently as 3 and 4 years ago he posted losing seasons. I know Cuse fans won't be patient but VT isn't exactly a traditional powerhouse.

He should have worn a buckskin coat and a raccoon hat for instant Hokie credibility. Good luck to him.
Nah. Denim overalls, a straw hat, chewin' on a piece of straw. Shoes optional.

VT more comfortable hiring a "Southern" coach (especially a local? guy). Which makes sense. Willard would have been a fish out of water.

Now, what will the new guy have to do to build a roster? Robinson and 2 grad transfers gone. Likely Alexander -Walker, too. And Brashear is a RJr. Plus 5 frosh, who couldn't be too happy about the quick exit of the guy who recruited them.

Last edited:
Last time VT hit it out of the park and snagged the coach from Marquette, a school with 10x the history and better fan support and facilities. Now they go after the solid but unspectacular coach of Wofford. I guess with his age he’ll probably retire there, but their day of top 15 teams is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom