Mike's Mailbox: Is it time for Syracuse basketball to hit the panic button? | Syracusefan.com

Mike's Mailbox: Is it time for Syracuse basketball to hit the panic button?

Mike's general point is accurate, but it's kind of weird he makes no mention of the lasting value of the @ OSU win, framing SU's noncon only as the 4 losses and nothing else. It'll remain a Tier-1 win and noncon true road win at that - highly valuable and something the 16-17 team for example didn't come close to having.
and no I'm not trying to say I like our position right now

Mike's general point is accurate, but it's kind of weird he makes no mention of the lasting value of the @ OSU win, framing SU's noncon only as the 4 losses and nothing else. It'll remain a Tier-1 win and noncon true road win at that - highly valuable and something the 16-17 team for example didn't come close to having.
and no I'm not trying to say I like our position right now

Assuming OSU stays solid in conference play. I can see them struggling a bit now having seen MSU/UM/Wisconsin/Indiana. Personally I think they are closer to Purdue/Northwestern then they are the top 3. I think it’s a good league this year.

Assuming OSU stays solid in conference play. I can see them struggling a bit now having seen MSU/UM/Wisconsin/Indiana. Personally I think they are closer to Purdue/Northwestern then they are the top 3. I think it’s a good league this year.
Right, I don't necessarily think they'll remain top 15 in the nation - but our win there should still remain a teir1 win per the actual NCAA rankings. I think they are a very good team though - did you see what Cinci did to UCLA last night? OSU beat that team in that gym.

Right, I don't necessarily think they'll remain top 15 in the nation - but our win there should still remain a teir1 win per the actual NCAA rankings. I think they are a very good team though - did you see what Cinci did to UCLA last night? OSU beat that team in that gym.

Yup. I’m aware. I think it’s more that those other teams are better than I thought including Indiana. Yeah, Cincinnati is actually scoring this year which is dangerous. They always have the swag, grit, defense, and athletes but have trouble scoring. Not this year!

Fun arena and environment in that gym, btw. Gets raucous. I’ve seen SU in there twice and once SMU.