Mike's Mailbox: Is Syracuse basketball a destination job for coaches? | Syracusefan.com

Mike's Mailbox: Is Syracuse basketball a destination job for coaches?

The job hasn't been open for close to half a century nor will it be open for another 4-5 years which is honestly a pretty long time in coach years not sure why this is being discussed.

I'm sure guys are going to turn Syracuse down to stay at basketball powerhouses like Virginia Tech or Rutgers lol... This is just stupidity look at Louisville their AD is a dumpster fire but they still lured a top coach away from his alma mater.

Yes our last coach did leave us to go coach basketball in a football stadium but guess what these days we play basketball in a football stadium ourselves.

We are a top 10 basketball job. Huge fan base, big crowds, best conference. A recruiting base within a 4hr drive that is as good as anywhere in the country.

If we do a national search, and we better, coaches will be knocking down the door to come here.

I mean I wouldn't want to be the guy who follows boeheim but its a great job. Great history one of the best arenas in the country great practice facility and rabid fan base.