Mild weekend of hoops this week | Syracusefan.com

Mild weekend of hoops this week

I'm going to be annoyed if Georgetown beats Louisville. Now that we have a 2 game lead over them in conference, I want them to win games and look elite so our win looks impressive nationally.

I'm going to be annoyed if Georgetown beats Louisville. Now that we have a 2 game lead over them in conference, I want them to win games and look elite so our win looks impressive nationally.

Not me. Go down in flames Ville!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Marsh, I need to know your secret... How the hell does your wife let you watch ball all day/night long. If its not a Syracuse game, my wife starts giving me grief before the first TV time out...

Marsh, you need to go to CBA. "college basketballoholics anonymous".

Marsh, I need to know your secret... How the hell does your wife let you watch ball all day/night long. If its not a Syracuse game, my wife starts giving me grief before the first TV time out...

I married a saint. Plain and simple. Sad thing is she will watch a lot of the games with me. My son also has a CY O game from 3-5 Saturday so that plus a quick bite to eat will be enough family time to get home by 6:30 and settle in for a long night.

Easier when the kids get older and they just want to do their own thing.

Marsh, you need to go to CBA. "college basketballoholics anonymous".

Ha...it actually is harder once golf season starts. You think I'm bad with hoops, that is a spec compared to the amount of time I spend on a golf course from April-October.

I married a saint. Plain and simple. Sad thing is she will watch a lot of the games with me. My son also has a CY O game from 3-5 Saturday so that plus a quick bite to eat will be enough family time to get home by 6:30 and settle in for a long night.

Hrm, I guess you're lucky. I'm planning on feeding her a bunch of mimosas as soon as she wakes up, let her pass out around 10am, I should be good for most of the day

Hrm, I guess you're lucky. I'm planning on feeding her a bunch of mimosas as soon as she wakes up, let her pass out around 10am, I should be good for most of the day
Husband of the year! Lol

Love CYO ball. I played my Soph-senior year in high school. Loved it. Great time with great friends. Just as competitive as school ball without the politics, IMO.

Husband of the year! Lol
My wife has a soft spot for Mimosas. Only way I got to watch the SU-ND game on our anniversery last year. She hung out in the resturant drinking mimosas, I was in the lodge watching the game. She really is a trooper sometimes.

Love CYO ball. I played my Soph-senior year in high school. Loved it. Great time with great friends. Just as competitive as school ball without the politics, IMO.

I also played CYO ball back in the day. It was fun. Last night PeteCalvins sons team put a whooping on my sons team!

Does your wife even like you?

How can anyone not like me? She "retired" in May so that enough got me carte blanche for a long time. Hell for the first 16 years we were married I cooked every meal and did 100% of the grocery shopping. What girl wouldnt sign up for that?

How can anyone not like me? She "retired" in May so that enough got me carte blanche for a long time. Hell for the first 16 years we were married I cooked every meal and did 100% of the grocery shopping. What girl wouldnt sign up for that?
I personally love it. But does she see you at all on weekends and/or after 7 weekdays? I need an understanding wife.

I personally love it. But does she see you at all on weekends and/or after 7 weekdays? I need an understanding wife.

Sure. I dont barricade myself in a room and completely shut it down. Plus she loves to read and goes to bed at like 9:00-9:30 so it works out well for me.

After watching so many OKC Thunder games the past few years, its really hard for me to get jacked up to watch a bunch of mid majors throw bricks at a rim anymore. If its not Syracuse.. I have a hard time watching college anymore.

Sure. I dont barricade myself in a room and completely shut it down. Plus she loves to read and goes to bed at like 9:00-9:30 so it works out well for me.

Ahh yes. I got her a nook a few months ago, she loves it. Bought me a few extra games a week while she is reading

After watching so many OKC Thunder games the past few years, its really hard for me to get jacked up to watch a bunch of mid majors throw bricks at a rim anymore. If its not Syracuse.. I have a hard time watching college anymore.

complete opposite of me. To watch an NBA game is like watching paint dry.

Ahh yes. I got her a nook a few months ago, she loves it. Bought me a few extra games a week while she is reading

I always say get her involved. My wife laughed at me when we first met and I told her I golfed. Now she is in 2 golf leagues on her own. We are going to the Georgetown game in DC together. Gotta get the wives involved. Hell last year she cried tears of joy when the Giants won the Super Bowl (as did I) and was more upset walking back to the hotel after we lost to Ohio State than I was (and I was shitting tacks mad).

These guys who secretly try to keep their wives out of the sports world they live in are doing more harm than good.

I always say get her involved. My wife laughed at me when we first met and I told her I golfed. Now she is in 2 golf leagues on her own. We are going to the Georgetown game in DC together. Gotta get the wives involved. Hell last year she cried tears of joy when the Giants won the Super Bowl (as did I) and was more upset walking back to the hotel after we lost to Ohio State than I was (and I was shitting tacks mad).

These guys who secretly try to keep their wives out of the sports world they live in are doing more harm than good.

Oh I've tried. She had no problem going to SU games with me, but refuses to go to the U of Alaska D3 games. I got her into a pick em league this year, that helped a little for NFL.

Her best friend is a "Die hard 9ers fan" (Thats in quotes because the girl knows absolutly nothing about football, and just yells alot). That helped alot. I'm trying to get her friend into College hoops, which hopefully will get my wife involved.

I dated a girl who went to Brockport for a while.. She wanted me to watch one tree hill. I told her the only way I would watch it, is if she learned the starting line up for the Giants, both sides of the ball. She made flash cards. She knew names, numbers, where they went to college, and any important info on that player.. It was amazing.

Oh I've tried. She had no problem going to SU games with me, but refuses to go to the U of Alaska D3 games. I got her into a pick em league this year, that helped a little for NFL.

Her best friend is a "Die hard 9ers fan" (Thats in quotes because the girl knows absolutly nothing about football, and just yells alot). That helped alot. I'm trying to get her friend into College hoops, which hopefully will get my wife involved.

I dated a girl who went to Brockport for a while.. She wanted me to watch one tree hill. I told her the only way I would watch it, is if she learned the starting line up for the Giants, both sides of the ball. She made flash cards. She knew names, numbers, where they went to college, and any important info on that player.. It was amazing.

Ha too funny. I love the flash cards technique.

I pamper the hell out of my wife so that also helps (even though she is very low maintenance).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom