Military Appreciation Day - syracusefan.com contribution | Syracusefan.com

Military Appreciation Day - syracusefan.com contribution

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
For those of you who do not regularly attend our Fine Mess Tailgates on a weekly basis, I had the idea last year to do some fundraising so we would be able to upgrade the tailgating experience. I started running a weekly 50 - 50 raffle with half the proceeds going to the winning ticketholder and the other half going into a tailgate equipment fund. Over the last year we've been able to purchase a high powered sound system complete with PA, professional grade chafing dishes, upgraded the essential adult beverage cooler and added a massive new eight burner party grill complete with Syracuse wrapped propane tanks.

In the spirit of Military Appreciation Day yesterday the group decided we would donate our half of the proceeds to the 10th Mountain Division Association at Fort Drum. This group was founded to honor the servicemen and women of Upstate New York and aid and support their families that sacrifice and serve us as well. They have supported the Mountain of Toys program, have established a $5000 scholarship for returning soldiers and their families, have distributed 10th Mountain Division backpacks full of gifts to injured servicemen and women at Walter Reed among many other initiatives.

Yesterday's raffle took in $327 with an additional $50 donated to be contributed directly to the Association. Our own giacofan was the lucky winner and he immediately and graciously donated his winners share ($163) to the cause.

I rounded up with funds from the kitty from previous raffles and this morning I'm making a $400 contribution to the 10th Mountain Division Association on behalf of syracusefan.com and the Fine Mess Tailgate. We'll make this an annual event and look for other opportunities to support similar groups in the future. Contribution was sent with the following note:

"This contribution is being made by the Fine Mess Tailgate crew at syracusefan.com and was raised at our tailgate party prior to Military Appreciation Day at Syracuse University. Thank you for supporting those who give so much to all of us."

For those of you who would like to read more about the Association or make additional contributions go to The National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.

If you do choose to make a personal donation I'd encourage you to add a note referencing syracusefan.com so our community's support is fully recognized. Thanks to all who contributed, thanks to Jay and Kristen for lending a hand yesterday and special thanks to giacofan for his extremely generous contribution.

For those of you who do not regularly attend our Fine Mess Tailgates on a weekly basis, I had the idea last year to do some fundraising so we would be able to upgrade the tailgating experience. I started running a weekly 50 - 50 raffle with half the proceeds going to the winning ticketholder and the other half going into a tailgate equipment fund. Over the last year we've been able to purchase a high powered sound system complete with PA, professional grade chafing dishes, upgraded the essential adult beverage cooler and added a massive new eight burner party grill complete with Syracuse wrapped propane tanks.

In the spirit of Military Appreciation Day yesterday the group decided we would donate our half of the proceeds to the 10th Mountain Division Association at Fort Drum. This group was founded to honor the servicemen and women of Upstate New York and aid and support their families that sacrifice and serve us as well. They have supported the Mountain of Toys program, have established a $5000 scholarship for returning soldiers and their families, have distributed 10th Mountain Division backpacks full of gifts to injured servicemen and women at Walter Reed among many other initiatives.

Yesterday's raffle took in $327 with an additional $50 donated to be contributed directly to the Association. Our own giacofan was the lucky winner and he immediately and graciously donated his winners share ($163) to the cause.

I rounded up with funds from the kitty from previous raffles and this morning I'm making a $400 contribution to the 10th Mountain Division Association on behalf of syracusefan.com and the Fine Mess Tailgate. We'll make this an annual event and look for other opportunities to support similar groups in the future. Contribution was sent with the following note:

"This contribution is being made by the Fine Mess Tailgate crew at syracusefan.com and was raised at our tailgate party prior to Military Appreciation Day at Syracuse University. Thank you for supporting those who give so much to all of us."

For those of you who would like to read more about the Association or make additional contributions go to The National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.

If you do choose to make a personal donation I'd encourage you to add a note referencing syracusefan.com so our community's support is fully recognized. Thanks to all who contributed, thanks to Jay and Kristen for lending a hand yesterday and special thanks to giacofan for his extremely generous contribution.
Nice job Mark!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom