Minnesota’s roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota’s roster

It’s simple really, who do they have that can even cover Orande? Running the ball takes time off the clock, a healthy Shrader and Orande with the mismatches gives us an opportunity to outscore them. Our passing game is going to have to be air tight though.
Spread the field with 4 receivers and pass the ball, let Garret get some big runs. Outscore them.

Spread the field with 4 receivers and pass the ball, let Garret get some big runs. Outscore them.
Agreed but I am looking forward to seeing Allen get a lot of touches as well.

Sounds like Minnesota should be playing for the national championship
MN would have been playing in the B10 championship game if their stud RB would have played against Purdue & MN beat them.

It’s simple really, who do they have that can even cover Orande? Running the ball takes time off the clock, a healthy Shrader and Orande with the mismatches gives us an opportunity to outscore them. Our passing game is going to have to be air tight though.
Not to curb your enthusiasm David, but Minnesota had the 2nd ranked passing defense in B1G league play. To think that they will not be able to cover Orande is...misguided. He will likely be the focus of their game plan coverage schemes.

Not to curb your enthusiasm David, but Minnesota had the 2nd ranked passing defense in B1G league play. To think that they will not be able to cover Orande is...misguided. He will likely be the focus of their game plan coverage schemes.
I’m aware of their pass defense, but Gadsen is 6’5”. Most of their DBs are like 5’11”. See where I’m going with this?

FWIW because we know him, in their win over Minnesota Devito was 25/32 for 252 yards and 1 TD. The Minnesota QB(s) were 6/18 and 3 INTS.

The PSU QB was 23/31 for 295 yds and 4 TDs.

I will go on record now that Minnesota will have no answer for a healthy Garrett Shrader. He could run for 200, and pass for 300 in this game.
Not sure about all that but I do think the world is going to see the 6-0 Cuse, not the 1-5 team. I think we win and I think we win convincingly. A healthy Shrader totally changes everything.

Not sure about all that but I do think the world is going to see the 6-0 Cuse, not the 1-5 team. I think we win and I think we win convincingly. A healthy Shrader totally changes everything.

Agree 100% with your last sentence.

But I understand why some posters are concerned. But I believe that we're going to perform far better than some of the pessimistic predictions some are expressing.

FWIW because we know him, in their win over Minnesota Devito was 25/32 for 252 yards and 1 TD. The Minnesota QB(s) were 6/18 and 3 INTS.

The PSU QB was 23/31 for 295 yds and 4 TDs.
I hear you bees. DV's stats are an interesting frame of reference. I think we will have some success against that D, especially if the OL can give GS some time.

My post was only in response to the OP's belief that Minnesota won't have anyone to cover OG.

Agree 100% with your last sentence.

But I understand why some posters are concerned. But I believe that we're going to perform far better than some of the pessimistic predictions some are expressing.
There is no Big 10 QB, who runs downhill like Garrett, and yes he would probably be a great TE in the NFL. When healthy he has shown the ability to run past LBs and DBs.
A defensive co- coordinator can't game plan for the things Garrett brings to the game.
A Healthy Garrett has shown that he can run through people, and past people, and his passing is so much better.

My expectations for tomorrow's games are not high. Not only does Minnesota do things that we haven't played well against this year, like a strong running game and using their TE as a primary target in the passing game, but there are too many unknowns like who is injured and not playing on our side.

I'll be watching this game to see who steps up. Which young guys will make a statement and show they are ready to play, and which young guys will show they need more work? Peterson, Wilson, Bailey on Defense? Allen or Price on offense?

I want to see how L. Allen is used. He's not Tucker, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them used differently.
I'm curious to see if there are any obvious wrinkles from Beck.

And of course, I'm just as curious to see how Monroe does calling the defense. Also looking to see if we can spot any influences on the defense from professor Long.

As always, I think we will make this interesting if we can do the following.
  • Win the third down conversion battle. Get them off the field and extend drives for us. We can't give up yardage on first downs that allows Minnesota to stay ahead of the chains.
  • Win the turnover margin. This is always huge.
  • Explosive plays. We need a few and we need do not give them up.
  • The punt game needs to be on tomorrow. Our protection was not great this year. We need to be solid tomorrow. The true freshman from Australia isn't a freshman any longer. He has a full season of experience to learn from. No shanks.

Watching the game thru the proper lens and with reasonable expectations will help keep my blood pressure in check.

Take the points.

Go Orange!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors