@ Minny on Sept. 22, 2012 | Syracusefan.com

@ Minny on Sept. 22, 2012

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Saw that on the schedule - is that set in stone?

My sister is considering getting married that day and is looking at some venue by the Dome. She wants to avoid a game if she can so an away weekend could be good.

Saw that on the schedule - is that set in stone?

My sister is considering getting married that day and is looking at some venue by the Dome. She wants to avoid a game if she can so an away weekend could be good.
Should be. All games with dates have been announced as official, at least to the best of my knowledge. The game in question is definitely listed as on that date on both the SU and Minnesota web sites...

Ugh, I went to a wedding around that same time in September when SU played Minny and lost! History is bound to repeat itself if we don't learn. Don't ever schedule/go to a wedding when SU plays Minny!:eek:

Should be. All games with dates have been announced as official, at least to the best of my knowledge. The game in question is definitely listed as on that date on both the SU and Minnesota web sites...
Thank you. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I just found out my friend is getting married Friday 10/21 at night. I'm not happy about this. I'm a season ticket holder and now I have to miss that game. Sucks.

I still have nightmares from attending our game at the Metrodome in 1996. Just the weirdest, most frustrating, most bizarre SU football game I've ever seen.

I just found out my friend is getting married Friday 10/21 at night. I'm not happy about this. I'm a season ticket holder and now I have to miss that game. Sucks.

Um, why do you have to miss the game? Can't you convince your friend to not get married???

Um, why do you have to miss the game? Can't you convince your friend to not get married???
lol I wish it were that easy. If he wasn't a really good friend I'd just not go. But he came from Michigan to attend mine when he was in grad school at Michigan State. He even gave us a lot of money that he didn't have for our gift. He's a great guy which is why I'm doing it. I just hope wherever the reception is has a television. If not, I'll be staring at my phone during the reception!

Some other dates for next year:
Sept 1 - vs Northwestern
Sept 8 - vs USC (Meadowlands)
Sept 15 - ??
Sept 22 - at Minnesota
Sept 29 - ??

The Tulane return game has not been announced yet, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it appear on Sept 29th, or more likely postponed to another year (2014 looks inviting) to make way for an FCS opponent at home.

This is quite the lineup! Assuming the BE simply drops TCU in to the current schedules, the Orangemen would have 6 home games (Northwestern, FCS/Tulane, Yukon, Louisville, Pittsburgh, TCU), 5 away games (Minnesota, Cincinnati, Rutgers, South Florida, West Virginia) and one neutral field game (USC).
See more future schedule info at: Future Syracuse Football Schedules
Of course, all home games are subject to a one- or two-day shift even after schedules have been published.

lol I wish it were that easy. If he wasn't a really good friend I'd just not go. But he came from Michigan to attend mine when he was in grad school at Michigan State. He even gave us a lot of money that he didn't have for our gift. He's a great guy which is why I'm doing it. I just hope wherever the reception is has a television. If not, I'll be staring at my phone during the reception!

Maybe you could move the whole reception to the Dome in the 3rd quarter when the seats start to clear out?

For those who plan on coming to town for the SU / Gopher game, I'll have to set something up for a "local" tailgait.