minor RPI boost tonight | Syracusefan.com

minor RPI boost tonight

That was a very good win by them. They need to do well in-conference, they're "big" OOC win is Arkansas and they have a bad loss to UC Santa Barbara.

I was surprised to see Gonzaga lose to Portland. They blew it in Maui, they're biggest game of the season will be @ Memphis February 8. That'll be the only ranked team they will have played all year.

They have had so many injuries. Montgomery is gonna have to steal wins like this for the Bears to make the post-season.

Cal is a really good team and by the end of the year our win over them in Maui will look even better

Remember when a number of people were rooting for Arizona over Duke? With the ACC looking as weak as it does, would any of those people change their minds (not that it would've changed the outcome of the game) for the sake of our RPI?

Remember when a number of people were rooting for Arizona over Duke? With the ACC looking as weak as it does, would any of those people change their minds (not that it would've changed the outcome of the game) for the sake of our RPI?

I'm glad you qualified it for the sake of RPI, because we know darn well for sure we would so there wouldn't be any teams left to complain about not deserving to be in front of us in the rankings :)

I was indifferent, but if people rooted for Arizona to beat Duke so Duke wouldn't have a good win scalp for their resume in the battle to the ACC team in East region which is at MSG. Then, I would say they are smart. I don't care if the ACC sucks 2 thru 15 if Syracuse gets the 1 seed in the East region. Our RPI is fine as our non-conference wins are in the top 5% of the country and while the ACC may not be the Big XII or B1G it isn't the MAC or Atlantic 10 if we win the RPI will be fine.

I was indifferent, but if people rooted for Arizona to beat Duke so Duke wouldn't have a good win scalp for their resume in the battle to the ACC team in East region which is at MSG. Then, I would say they are smart. I don't care if the ACC sucks 2 thru 15 if Syracuse gets the 1 seed in the East region. Our RPI is fine as our non-conference wins are in the top 5% of the country and while the ACC may not be the Big XII or B1G it isn't the MAC or Atlantic 10 if we win the RPI will be fine.
I'm not all that concerned with our RPI, as I said in another thread, if we take care of business, we'll be fine. We control our own destiny. I mostly brought this up, because there are a lot of "RPI" and "look how weak the ACC is" threads lately. I wanted Duke to win that game because we play them and have the chance to knock them off, whereas, we don't have the chance to beat Arizona, so we control our own destiny with one and not the other.

I'm one of those people that roots for anyone in our conference in OOC games so that when we beat them, we look better. I was even someone that used to root for Georgetown OOC. It always felt sweeter to me when we beat a good Gtown team rather than a bad one. The Craig Esherick years are the reason we have nearly a whole generation of Syracuse fans that never considered them our primary rival.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom