Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I root for someone to succeed that did everything he could do not to have the team around him to succeed here?

I hope he gets embarrassed.
Might want to take the plane up a bit and have a look (unless you are in fact 12).

Might want to take the plane up a bit and have a look (unless you are in fact 12).
Get off it, I thought his game was crap and seems like most NBA execs, college announcers and most people around here thought until we had to give kisses goodbye.

Funny I get more push back on this than people have when trashing a freshly deceased player that won almost as many games in 1 season than this toolbox did in 2.

I stand by my comments and they're still not nearly as harsh as Seth Greenburgs.

Get off it, I thought his game was crap and seems like most NBA execs, college announcers and most people around here thought until we had to give kisses goodbye.

Funny I get more push back on this than people have when trashing a freshly deceased player that won almost as many games in 1 season than this toolbox did in 2.

I stand by my comments and they're still not nearly as harsh as Seth Greenburgs.
There's a difference between (1) not rooting for someone and not liking their game and (2) wishing them humiliation as they pursue their dream. If you can't see that you stand alone (and I'll venture to guess you don't have kids).

There's a difference between (1) not rooting for someone and not liking their game and (2) wishing them humiliation as they pursue their dream. If you can't see that you stand alone (and I'll venture to guess you don't have kids).
He humiliated himself here, I assume he will do it elsewhere as well, that is until someone knocks him out or until he learns what he is doing on the court is strictly self serving.

Glad the punk is gone, don't need to root for him when he isn't wearing the jersey.

He humiliated himself here, I assume he will do it elsewhere as well, that is until someone knocks him out or until he learns what he is doing on the court is strictly self serving.

Glad the punk is gone, don't need to root for him when he isn't wearing the jersey.
Oh the irony

What is wrong with you

Mintz was about Mintz, always has been and always will be. Smart, team oriented talent comes at a premium these days. Seems like one state has cornered the market and results back it up.

This narrative that Judah was a ALL ME player is so overblown atp. The kid competed for us and kept us in many games and won games for us. He was 4th in assists this year in the ACC and 5th the year before.
Was he sometimes immature in how he handled himself? Yes. Did he sometimes lack intensity on D.. Sure. Was he not always the leader we wanted him to be? Absolutely.
But this is what happens when you have a team full of underclassman with the one upper class being the most toxic player of them all.

This team had NO peer guidance this year and it showed. It doesn’t mean that these young 20 year olds wont grow up from this season and learn to be better.

Red said almost every time he touched a mic… that this was a competitive group and they wanted to win for Syracuse.
The year didn’t go as planned but that doesn’t mean that they weren’t working hard behind the scenes to make it happen.

To wish ill upon a 20 year is comically immature and also ironic.

Some of the takes on this board reflect more on the poster / “fan” more than the people you complain about.
I’m glad I have a life outside of this or I might be miserable too!

Dude, he played P6 D1 ball for 2 years likely pulling in six figures in NIL while the rest of us were sitting behind a computer complaining. I think it’s fair to say the only one who is humiliated are the ones pretending like he didn’t live the college athlete dream. Now he’ll have to deal with the horrible consequences of his humiliation; making a few 100K a year+ playing basketball internationally. Oh the horror.

This narrative that Judah was a ALL ME player is so overblown atp. The kid competed for us and kept us in many games and won games for us. He was 4th in assists this year in the ACC and 5th the year before.
Was he sometimes immature in how he handled himself? Yes. Did he sometimes lack intensity on D.. Sure. Was he not always the leader we wanted him to be? Absolutely.
But this is what happens when you have a team full of underclassman with the one upper class being the most toxic player of them all.

This team had NO peer guidance this year and it showed. It doesn’t mean that these young 20 year olds wont grow up from this season and learn to be better.

Red said almost every time he touched a mic… that this was a competitive group and they wanted to win for Syracuse.
The year didn’t go as planned but that doesn’t mean that they weren’t working hard behind the scenes to make it happen.

Some of the takes on this board reflect more on the poster / “fan” more than the people you complain about.
I agree with all of this. But something happened to very much sour me on this kid. He attacked Mike Waters much worse than what was reported. Obviously,won’t get into specifics but I am disgusted by his foul mouthed, direct response to one of the true nice guys in the media. Judah Mintz is a talented kid but I’m sorry to say that he is an idiot.

Judah played the way Judah knew how to play and played hard. He’s not a facilitator but didn’t have much around him to facilitate. Perhaps he didn’t grow/change his game the way we wanted, but we also didn’t put pieces around him to help with that. Sometimes things don’t work out and it’s not due to a lack of trying by either side.

I think he will have a role somewhere as a pro and will be able to earn a living playing basketball. That’s pretty sweet. He has talent that can’t be taught and I’m wishing him the best.

Represented the team well? He slapped an opponent across the face and bitched after every shot he took while arguing with the coach constantly and closing it out with going after a local writer after his grandpa trashed his teammates and coaches on this very forum. He was a disaster.
All of these things are true.

Both things can be true. You can acknowledge that his actual observable behavior on the court was bad and not wish him ill will (or care either way how it goes for him.) That is where I am with this.

Both things can be true. You can acknowledge that his actual observable behavior on the court was bad and not wish him ill will (or care either way how it goes for him.) That is where I am with this.
I guess that's where I'm at. I'd be lying to say Judah one of my favorites, but I felt the same way about Eric Devendorf by the time he left and look at him now. I hope Judah makes similar improvements in the areas where I feel he has opportunities to mature.

You’re not used to this?
Glass houses, I hear you trash players after EVERY single game and trashed the head coach for years. You're literally the last person to get all self righteous.

I agree with all of this. But something happened to very much sour me on this kid. He attacked Mike Waters much worse than what was reported. Obviously,won’t get into specifics but I am disgusted by his foul mouthed, direct response to one of the true nice guys in the media. Judah Mintz is a talented kid but I’m sorry to say that he is an idiot.
Wait, you quote someone trashing me for knocking Judah then call him an idiot? What? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom