Minutes | Syracusefan.com

Minutes

SBU72

All Conference
For monthes posters have been claiming how deep this team was going to be. How TB and OB were going to get plenty of rest. People were waiting for 5 guys subbing at once. Well ain't happened yet against inferior talent yet! Ok, FH is hurt, but still TH played 39, OH 35. Starting 5 averaged 32.6 minutes. Only once did 3 guys sub in. Only 8 played. AND it was needed to keep the lead against a lower division team. Only saying...?

Happens every year. People think we'll go super deep then we're back to 6.5 people playing.

Some of this will change when Frank comes back but I can't see Boeheim limiting his and Battle's minutes too much when he's used to playing them 40 a game and trusts them.

The team is deeper - and that does not mean JB will use the depth. Once Haward is healthy, we have 4 capable scorers and they will each play as much as needed to post wins. Chukwu will need some rest, so Sidibe will get minutes. Marek will play if we need his height. Maybe Carey earns some. And the others will have to hope for blow outs.

For monthes posters have been claiming how deep this team was going to be. How TB and OB were going to get plenty of rest. People were waiting for 5 guys subbing at once. Well ain't happened yet against inferior talent yet! Ok, FH is hurt, but still TH played 39, OH 35. Starting 5 averaged 32.6 minutes. Only once did 3 guys sub in. Only 8 played. AND it was needed to keep the lead against a lower division team. Only saying...?
Howard is out, Carey has been slowed by injury and Washington is returning from a serious injury. Until JB has a healthy squad, I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions about how he intends to distribute minutes. My guess is we'll see eight guys get significant minutes (10 minutes or more) most nights and that JB will ride his experienced players in tight games.

Team is deep, but not in ideal proportions. Current contingencies prove that (tho Hughes is welcome for his scoring, even if he has to do it from the top of a time-out cheerleader pyramid).

My guess is we'll see eight guys get significant minutes (10 minutes or more) most nights and that JB will ride his experienced players in tight games.

You’re basically saying “water is wet”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom