Missed calls | Syracusefan.com

Missed calls

AZOrange

Living Legend
PAC 12 admits hanging on rim by asu guard should have been a T. Duke got an extra possession against Maryland on miscommunication on possession arrow. No apologies issued to Orange...

PAC 12 admits hanging on rim by asu guard should have been a T. Duke got an extra possession against Maryland on miscommunication on possession arrow. No apologies issued to Orange...

Why would Orange need an apology?

PAC 12 admits hanging on rim by asu guard should have been a T.
and it may well have been a goaltend on the other end . . . very close, it could have been at its apex, but I thought the ball might have been on the way down

and it may well have been a goaltend on the other end . . . very close, it could have been at its apex, but I thought the ball might have been on the way down

I thought it certainly was live because the guy elevated much later than the shooter to block it. On the replay it looked to be at its apex but that wasn't a close up nor did they really show a great slow mo of it or anything. I think it was a good block but I can see where it could be debated. As far as the T AZ would have had to make both FT's and still would have had to make a shot to win the game but clearly that was an infraction that was missed. Plus it was stupid he could have dribbled out the ball and never shot.

they could have called the hanging on the rim and also the team rushing the court if they wanted.. imagine if they had called 2 T's and Ariz made 4 ft's to win the game.

Block looked good to me--great play by that defender.**

I'll admit it was close, though. Would have been a bad call if they'd called that goaltending, though.

**I qualify this by acknowledging that I have a significant portion of my family who live in Greater Phoenix and are Arizona State fans, and hence have always held U of A in disdain

hang and schwang all day long if somebody's indeed underneath ya but chin ups should be automatic technicals.

Forget keita's block last yr against wvu at end of game? Blatant goal tend. We get them sometimes, and sometimes we don't.

The Duke gaffe was pretty embarrassing, and very well could have changed the outcome of the game.

However, calling a T on ASU, when they were up 3, with .5 seconds to go --- I doubt that would have made a difference either way.

Forget keita's block last yr against wvu at end of game? Blatant goal tend. We get them sometimes, and sometimes we don't.

Such is the game. Reffing a basketball game is incredibly difficult. Hell, any sport.

I was watching the Duke thing live; I was so confused with that. Not sure how they miss it. The ESPN possession arrow had itright

Yea, when I saw the chin up on the replay that was it for me. Don't be stupid guys. The chin up is what nailed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom