Missing out on 5 stars | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Missing out on 5 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The athlete dorms at Kentucky and Kansas do not hurt their recruiting. When monetary compensation is fixed, competition shifts to amenities.

only a few players on each roster are assigned by the parent team. most g league players have contracts with the league itself, not the team they play for. the league, and its teams, are charged with developing players regardless of whether they are under contract to an nba team.
Sure they are but I live in the Toronto area and the G-League team in the burbs is owned by the Raptors. Gicen the NBA's roster size, of course they only have a couple of players under contract by the team and of course they are hoping to develop other players but this situation is incomparable to others. In this case, they would be developing a potential first round pick for other teams. Seems to be a waste of resources for the Raptors organization that would likely never get the payoff but would face the payoff.

Without going into it too much (because this has been debated on the board before) JB's age is likely a contributing factor to our recruiting challenges. That said, I think given the circumstances we're probably doing the best we can. Let's just enjoy the upcoming season. It may be the best chance we've got for JB to bring the title back to Syracuse. As resilient and strong-willed as JB is, maybe just maybe... the middle finger tour is only a few months away from kick starting. Let's Go Orange.

The athlete dorms at Kentucky and Kansas do not hurt their recruiting. When monetary compensation is fixed, competition shifts to amenities.

Your living underneath a rock if you don't think they are receiving compensation at those two schools.

Your living underneath a rock if you don't think they are receiving compensation at those two schools.
I suspect you're both right.. To say that the amenities at Kentucky or Kansas play no role in recruiting is just as naive as thinking their aren't payouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom