Missing Pennsylvania D.A. was ... | Syracusefan.com

Missing Pennsylvania D.A. was ...

Old news. He also thought there wasn't enough evidence. I can't say there was...but it certainly seemed like there was based on things Sandusky said during the investigation. Sandusky was heard saying, "I wish I was dead," after trying to explain why he may have touched a child inappropriately. I think that's pretty strong evidence.

Did he ever turn up?

Im pretty sure I heard that they just pronounced him dead a lil while ago

Did he ever turn up?

Never found him. But they found his computer in a nearby river. Unfortunately, the hard drive was so badly damaged, they couldn't retrieve any information. When they found his car and opened the door, they noticed the smell of cigarette smoke. Strangely, the DA didn't smoke and never let anyone smoke in his car. Draw your own conclusions.

Never found him. But they found his computer in a nearby river. Unfortunately, the hard drive was so badly damaged, they couldn't retrieve any information. When they found his car and opened the door, they noticed the smell of cigarette smoke. Strangely, the DA didn't smoke and never let anyone smoke in his car. Draw your own conclusions.

And when the found the computer the hard drive was missing but they later found that in the river too. So he/someone had removed it and tried to get rid of it separately.

And when the found the computer the hard drive was missing but they later found that in the river too. So he/someone had removed it and tried to get rid of it separately.

one of the reports I read said that he had googled "how to destroy a hard drive" on his personal computer before he disappeared.

While on the surface, it is easy to draw a quick connection between this disappearance and the current PSU story, you have to remember that as a DA he probably investigated any number of violent criminals, and there are problem any number of other cases that could raise the same suspicion. Now if we heard that he was reopening an investigation, that would certainly raise some eyebrows, but Gricar decided not to prosecute in 98 so it would seem that was the end of his Sandusky experience. Seems more like coincidence than anything else.

Mason

july 25-2011 when it became official.

hey,how's life up there in alaska

It's great, by far the most amazing place I have ever been. We have only been here a few months, and are already planning on being here at least 6 years. Last weekend a buddy and I drove up the Dalton highway, and tent camped above the Arctic Circle... -14 degrees. I took a "Lets Go 'Cuse" sign to hang on the arctic circle sign, but found out that duct tape doesnt stick to freezing surfaces lol. Trying to talk the wife into a winter visit back to NY (she wants to see family, I wanna see some bball) if we make it down there, ill give you a heads up!

one of the reports I read said that he had googled "how to destroy a hard drive" on his personal computer before he disappeared.

While on the surface, it is easy to draw a quick connection between this disappearance and the current PSU story, you have to remember that as a DA he probably investigated any number of violent criminals, and there are problem any number of other cases that could raise the same suspicion. Now if we heard that he was reopening an investigation, that would certainly raise some eyebrows, but Gricar decided not to prosecute in 98 so it would seem that was the end of his Sandusky experience. Seems more like coincidence than anything else.

Mason

I would tend to believe just the opposite. DA's always have high profile cases. But if you think about the type of case that might cause them to commit suicide or maybe even be killed, it would be one where you had a lot of info against a pedophile and maybe others and knew you didn't do your job. He had the cops evidence who performed the sting and listened in on Sandusky, yet said there wasn't enough evidence to proceed.

It's great, by far the most amazing place I have ever been. We have only been here a few months, and are already planning on being here at least 6 years. Last weekend a buddy and I drove up the Dalton highway, and tent camped above the Arctic Circle... -14 degrees. I took a "Lets Go 'Cuse" sign to hang on the arctic circle sign, but found out that duct tape doesnt stick to freezing surfaces lol. Trying to talk the wife into a winter visit back to NY (she wants to see family, I wanna see some bball) if we make it down there, ill give you a heads up!

What is this I caught a quick glance at that Alaska is bracing for their worst storm ever??

What is this I caught a quick glance at that Alaska is bracing for their worst storm ever??

I have a buddy up in Nome that is bracing on getting hit pretty hard, I dont think we will see anything to bad down here in Fairbanks. If you dont see me logged in after a few days, you might wanna send a rescue party!

There is also the idea that he helped cover this stuff up. Maybe he killed himself knowing the monster he had helped or he just made himself disapear so that he can go without having to drag himself or family through this

I grew up right where you are - Eielson to be exact. I'm assuming by your handle that you're probably at Wainwright? I've lived in a lot of places, and it was by far the best. Just such a great place all around. I'm not sure if you got there early enough to experience it, but just wait until you get that entire summer of daylight!

I would tend to believe just the opposite. DA's always have high profile cases. But if you think about the type of case that might cause them to commit suicide or maybe even be killed, it would be one where you had a lot of info against a pedophile and maybe others and knew you didn't do your job. He had the cops evidence who performed the sting and listened in on Sandusky, yet said there wasn't enough evidence to proceed.

And to take this a little bit further, he was the DA in State College. PA. State College is the largest city in Centre County, PA according to Wikipedia. How high profile do his cases get? He isn't prosecuting the mob.

I grew up right where you are - Eielson to be exact. I'm assuming by your handle that you're probably at Wainwright? I've lived in a lot of places, and it was by far the best. Just such a great place all around. I'm not sure if you got there early enough to experience it, but just wait until you get that entire summer of daylight!
one of my college buddies lived at eielson, i think. unless you're that guy, that's pretty random

one of my college buddies lived at eielson, i think. unless you're that guy, that's pretty random

Yep, that's me. Not that I post much, but I don't want people to know I'm associated with you! I'm kidding of course. Now, Chip or liljoe... maybe another story...

Yep, Wainwright. We got here in June, right in time to enjoy the summer, and meet the right locals to get us set up for winter. Just pulled the sleds out last night.

I heard 15+ feet. up there. that is incredible.