Missouri A.D. Mike Alden On Expansion: “There’s More Coming. It’s Not Over” | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Missouri A.D. Mike Alden On Expansion: “There’s More Coming. It’s Not Over”

He said nothing, just parroted the same "more coming!", "superconferences!" stuff that's been said, for, well, the past 20 years.

If the day comes that SU is somehow left out of major college athletics then I just won't watch anymore.

Life goes on.

He said nothing, just parroted the same "more coming!", "superconferences!" stuff that's been said, for, well, the past 20 years.

If the day comes that SU is somehow left out of major college athletics then I just won't watch anymore.

Life goes on.

Agree 100%, I don't think it will happen but if it did I would just quit watching. That said I think Syracuse has much more cache than most here give credit for.

These ad's are clowns...

God I despise this super conference crap, everyone wants this neat little tidy football thing that can be controlled like the nfl and to squeeze every tiny penny out of it. I like the chaos that is college football much like real life...I'd like a playoff but just with conference winners but this control every freakon aspect of everything, I just don't get it...well I do, it's about money and power but still to basically kick out schools because they aren't the right type of football power is ridiculous. It's not about how good of a team you have but how many fans you can have in your stadium and if you're of the right and royal blood.

I would as well, I'm pretty disgusted with college football and basketball as it is.

God I despise this super conference crap, everyone wants this neat little tidy football thing that can be controlled like the nfl and to squeeze every tiny penny out of it. I like the chaos that is college football much like real life...I'd like a playoff but just with conference winners but this control every freakon aspect of everything, I just don't get it...well I do, it's about money and power but still to basically kick out schools because they aren't the right type of football power is ridiculous. It's not about how good of a team you have but how many fans you can have in your stadium and if you're of the right and royal blood.

I certainly don't "want" it. I want ever section of the coutnry represented by a major conference. Actually I'd rather have eight 9 team conferences with regional intregirty. But it seems 4 x 16 may be the future and if it is, we need to ACC to trump the Big 12 or we are going to go through what we have gone through over the last decade all over again.

I certainly don't "want" it. I want ever section of the coutnry represented by a major conference. Actually I'd rather have eight 9 team conferences with regional intregirty. But it seems 4 x 16 may be the future and if it is, we need to ACC to trump the Big 12 or we are going to go through what we have gone through over the last decade all over again.

If this 4 conference (which I really believe is more internet bs) thing is true just have 4 20 teams per conference and go back to playing your true rivals again. Being of an independence football heritage being on the outside looking in while having a just as good or better team while the royals get the benefit of doubt/advantages just reeks of a cast system. I hate it. Let talent determine the outcome on the field not some selected elite. I remember 87 and having both FSU and OU being ahead of us in the ranking even though we were undefeated and they were not.

I understand where you are coming from and making sure you're on the inside instead of the outside is the fear thing that drives me nuts. This Missouri guy begged to get into the Big 10 and now he's yapping about expansion and all we need now is this stupid pod idea and having some 4-8 team win it's division with a 3-5 record and move on to a playoff.

Look, I don't want Congress getting involved in this either, but the one area the Fed can make an impact is through the FCC and the regulation of the Cable Industry. It's time for cable subscribers to be allowed to choose what channels they want to pay for and not have the Big 10 network or other unwanted channels bundled into their monthly rates.

Actually I'd rather have eight 9 team conferences with regional intregirty.
4x18 would do that.

I suspect we'll end up with 5x12-16 and an 8 team playoff. Conference winners that are either in the top-25 BCS standings or have no more than 3 losses are in. If the champion doesn't qualify, the conference's highest ranked team that meets both of those qualifications would be in instead. The rest of the field goes by BCS ranking. Match-ups arranged by committee.

This year, the B1G would be represented by Nebraska.