Missouri wants Big Ten invite more than SEC offer | Syracusefan.com

Missouri wants Big Ten invite more than SEC offer

7 years is a long time to wait, but isn't it fantastic to have been wanted from the beginning, and not to be stuck in this game any longer?

To be fair, it's an "official" speaking anonymously. I'm guessing for purposes of this story an official could be anything from AD to janitorial staff.

But on the overall point... Missouri clearly has an opinion of themselves only shared by... Missouri.

Great news for us that the Big Ten has no interest in expanding (right now).

It will be at least 10 years or more before the 16-team power conference dream becomes reality.

What I believe Missouri thinks is that they are a solid academic school and that does not lead to success in the sec, too many kids get into school there too easily along with the pay for play competition. They could at least compete in the B1G because their kids have to be students, you can't do that and win in the sec. I'd rather deal with the devil I know and wait for the B1G.

Is it clear that they do have an offer?

I haven't seen it from any reliable source.

No they don't have an offer. But that's what makes it all the worse.

They've been playing footsie with the SEC for the past 6 months. Now when they finally get to the point where they can make an offer, they go off and say they’d prefer to be in the B10.

Imagine standing at the altar and looking into the eyes of your beautiful bride. You lean over and whisper into her ear ”You’re not as hot as my ex girlfriend….and she was a better lay”. That’s basically what Mizzou is doing.

What I believe Missouri thinks is that they are a solid academic school and that does not lead to success in the sec, too many kids get into school there too easily along with the pay for play competition. They could at least compete in the B1G because their kids have to be students, you can't do that and win in the sec. I'd rather deal with the devil I know and wait for the B1G.

Agree. Mizzou will still make a lot of $$$ in the Big 12. Sure Texas is insufferable, but they've dealt with that forever. The SEC offers no institutional upgrade (unlike us going to the ACC) and their sports may well get swallowed up there.

I'd tell them to sit tight.