Missouri Will Be Tough | Syracusefan.com

Missouri Will Be Tough

OrangePA

Living Legend
They do well what causes us trouble- they cause a lot of fumbles- they pressure the QB- they have a mobile QB and they defend third down well.

This will be a very difficult game in a hostile environment.

A win at Mizzou would be huge.

SU does one thing that causes Mizzou trouble - they blitz the hell out of you.

They also play teams with terrible offenses. Other then Nassib SU doesn't fumble much. I think SU wins by a solid margin.

They also play teams with terrible offenses. Other then Nassib SU doesn't fumble much. I think SU wins by a solid margin.

With all due respect, we have faced some pretty good offenses this year. And furthermore we came from a pretty offensive-centric league where we had to play Texas Tech, Baylor, and Okie Lite regularly. I have watched enough of your ballclub this year to have legitimate concern but I'd say the line is about right. Hopefully in the end both of us can find a way to be bowl eligible one way or another.

With all due respect, we have faced some pretty good offenses this year. And furthermore we came from a pretty offensive-centric league where we had to play Texas Tech, Baylor, and Okie Lite regularly. I have watched enough of your ballclub this year to have legitimate concern but I'd say the line is about right. Hopefully in the end both of us can find a way to be bowl eligible one way or another.

Yeah...us first

Not this year you haven't the SEC is offense challenged at best. Watching SEC football this year has been down right painful.

I've been watching clips of their games. They are freakin' talented as hell.

Look at the speed of their running back.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8615042

Hate to say it, but it could get ugly.

Temple will be huge.
I've been watching clips of their games. They are freakin' talented as hell.

Look at the speed of their running back.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8615042

Hate to say it, but it could get ugly.

Temple will be huge.
Pittsburgh had slouch runningbacks too that btw tore up an excellent ND defense on the road.

70,000 fans. Night game. Senior Day in Columbia.

Would be a huge win in the most challenging venue we'll see all year.

Good prep for where we're heading next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ain't going to be 70,000 there sadly. Probably 58,000ish with school out and our mediocre record.

As an aside, you all excited about the ACC from a football perspective? Our two schools can surely commiserate about the fun of realignment. I think it is a great move athletically across the board for SU. I will be definitely keeping close tabs on how the experience goes. I'll say this much too, you are a helluva lot better off making the transition with Marrone at the helm than you would be with Robinson. But you already know that much.

Ain't going to be 70,000 there sadly. Probably 58,000ish with school out and our mediocre record.

As an aside, you all excited about the ACC from a football perspective? Our two schools can surely commiserate about the fun of realignment. I think it is a great move athletically across the board for SU. I will be definitely keeping close tabs on how the experience goes. I'll say this much too, you are a helluva lot better off making the transition with Marrone at the helm than you would be with Robinson. But you already know that much.

Maybe seeing a few empty sections will help us, who knows. We played at Minnesota in a night game earlier. They don't have the capacity that you do, but they were undefeated so the place was completely full and loud. I don't think we reacted well. It was easily our worst game of the year. Hoping we don't see a repeat, but we make a lot of mistakes on the road (not uncommon for college football teams in general).

As for ACC move, yes, basically everyone is ecstatic from a football perspective. We've been stuck in hell since the last ACC expansion left us out back in 2003. Some on the hoops side aren't as excited, but much of what made Big East hoops so great in the 80's was destroyed anyway.

Pittsburgh had slouch runningbacks too that btw tore up an excellent ND defense on the road.

Perhaps I am missing context, but since when is Ray Graham a slouch? Kid is very talented. Please dont make me stick up for SPitt players. ;)

Louisville win got SU back on track for 6 wins. Still believe SU will beat Temple. Would like to lock up the bowl this week but not expecting a W.

70,000 fans. Night game. Senior Day in Columbia.

Would be a huge win in the most challenging venue we'll see all year.

Good prep for where we're heading next year.

To me it's like going into the atmosphere of the Minny game only vs better talent.

Edit...I see just above you wrote the same thing, that's what I get for posting and not reading the whole thread first!

They do well what causes us trouble- they cause a lot of fumbles- they pressure the QB- they have a mobile QB and they defend third down well.

This will be a very difficult game in a hostile environment.

A win at Mizzou would be huge.
qb stands in the pocket and is flat footed --i am not convinced that he is that mobile and appears slow---i feel ample opportunity for pressure and sacks.---the enviroment is very nice and yes it will be hostile.i feel that the wind is bad we have a tough time, if not, we dominate on offense.

Now that we are pretty much healthy on offense, it is a whole different ball game. Teams have to defend several options of run and pass and do it at a very fast clip. Not only are we fast functioning, we are also...dare I say it...multiple. We are generally stout against the run on defense and defend the pass well when we get pressure on the QB. IMO, if we force them to pass under duress, we will win comfortably.

What is Okie Lite?

Thanks! I figured as much. Never heard them called Okie Lite before!

To me it's like going into the atmosphere of the Minny game only vs better talent.
True, but there's no way SU could possibly play worse, right?...Right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom