Missouri Will Be Tough | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Missouri Will Be Tough

True, but there's no way SU could possibly play worse, right?...Right?

That Minny game was like a bad dream and something was just out of your reach the whole time. I hope they don't play like that again but let's face it, they're college kids and it's an away game so who knows how that's going to go.

qb stands in the pocket and is flat footed --i am not convinced that he is that mobile and appears slow---i feel ample opportunity for pressure and sacks.---the enviroment is very nice and yes it will be hostile.i feel that the wind is bad we have a tough time, if not, we dominate on offense.

I thought the QB's strong suit was his ability to use his feet.

If that's not the case, I feel better about the game.

Franklin is very much banged up. He was mobile in 2010 and 2011 but strained his MCL a few weeks ago and is not nearly the same guy. Also he suffered a torn labrum this Spring so he is a shell of what he was last year.

He still made some plays with his legs against Tennessee. It's there if he needs it, and something we need to prepare for. Even if he's not at the speed he was last year (when he rushed for nearly 1,000 yards).

In terms of him throwing the ball, thanks to the Vols defense in the 2nd half and OT, he's probably erased the Florida debacle and the 1st half UT debacle from his mind.

He's going to be a challenge, and last week, he was able to get the true freshman #1 WR recruit much more involved in the game.

Hopefully unlike the Minnesota game we won't turn the ball over 3 times inside their 30 yard line (once inside the 5) and at the other end of the field throw a pick inside our own 30 yard line.

Hopefully unlike the Minnesota game we won't turn the ball over 3 times inside their 30 yard line (once inside the 5) and at the other end of the field throw a pick inside our own 30 yard line.

We've had 4 road games so far. Halfway through the 1st quarter of each of them, we've been down 7-0.

Here's to starting this one better.

We've had 4 road games so far. Halfway through the 1st quarter of each of them, we've been down 7-0.

Here's to starting this one better.

Yep...

Half of those road games we turned it over on the first play.

How about scoring a TD instead, gentlemen?

It's really hard to believe that on our first possessions of three games we've turned the ball over.

USC - third play of the game for us we throw an INT
Minnesota - first play of the game for us we throw an INT
Cincy - fumble opening kickoff.

We're 4-1 when even or on the plus side of the TO battle.

Not this year you haven't the SEC is offense challenged at best. Watching SEC football this year has been down right painful.
Let's look at a ranking of the best offenses in the NCAA ranked by yards per game.

#5 Texas A&M
#14 Tennessee
#22 Georgia
#24 and the first Big East team - Syracuse.

Missouri held Georgia to 120 yards below their season average and with 10 minutes left in the game were trailing by only 4 before a rash of turnovers deep in their own zone.

Just when I was starting like you...:bang:Oh Lord
That Tiger fan said the R word!

I know you are new here partner, but in this town, we don't take kindly to people talking like that.

There are women and children here. Change your ways right pronto, or take the next train out of town.

As the the Tigers, my take on them is that they are similar to Rutgers. Very good defense. Bad offense but they have some talented skilled players that can hurt us if we are not careful. Not as good on special teams.

Should be, as Keith Jackson used to say, a real humdinger.

Pretty sure they're practicing outdoors again today

Let's look at a ranking of the best offenses in the NCAA ranked by yards per game.

#5 Texas A&M
#14 Tennessee
#22 Georgia
#24 and the first Big East team - Syracuse.

Missouri held Georgia to 120 yards below their season average and with 10 minutes left in the game were trailing by only 4 before a rash of turnovers deep in their own zone.

Yep and so far you have yielded 41 points to GA and 48 to Tennessee ... turnovers are a killer ... trust us we know.

He still made some plays with his legs against Tennessee. It's there if he needs it, and something we need to prepare for. Even if he's not at the speed he was last year (when he rushed for nearly 1,000 yards).

In terms of him throwing the ball, thanks to the Vols defense in the 2nd half and OT, he's probably erased the Florida debacle and the 1st half UT debacle from his mind.

He's going to be a challenge, and last week, he was able to get the true freshman #1 WR recruit much more involved in the game.

Actually, we want him to be overconfident after last week. The Vols have a really bad defense, so while the comeback is impressive from a psychological standpoint, the overall numbers at the end of the day were to be expected.

DGB still only had two catches, and the first was at the end of regulation. He hasn't grasped the playbook after playing sandlot ball in HS. That's basically what those two TDs last week were anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom