Mistakes | Syracusefan.com

Mistakes

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
I posted this in the game thread.

Mistakes. Killed us last week, killed us this week. These mistakes aren't just small things, they are huge.

Some huge errors (first four in the first half)

1. Interception on opening drive (3pt nc state), granted the defender made a great play so I consider this minor.
2. Missed Fg after losing yards on third (-3pts SU). Had to get a few yards on third and 7 (I think) then strongly consider fourth down.
3. Not getting the yard on fourth down on dungey run (-3pts SU minimum). Why no Elmore run there?
4. Getting a big INT but losing it with holding (7pt nc state). Guy tackled the wideout. Can't happen.
5. Scoring a touchdown but butler wasn't standing on the line (-4pts SU). This was enormous. And a brain dead play.

So frustrating.

Two games in a row we could have won. Two games in a row we left points out there. And two games in a row we never had a chance for the offense to get back onto the field after onside kick attempts.

I am pissed off.

Good teams don’t make many mistakes and if they do they have the talent to overcome them. We aren’t good yet and we don’t have the talent to overcome the things you list above. We are clearly a better team than last year but it is indeed frustrating to get close and not be able to pull it off. We need to kick Pitt’s arse next week

honestly you cant point at a single play this year where the offense made a play out of nothing... nc state made 4-5 today alone.. play makers on the way is what we hope for.. NC state made a ton of mistakes today and nothing bad happened from almost any of them..

they could have called a penalty on Chubbs play and we get it for protecting the qb when he flops. We throw a couple bad passes and get the INT and Finley throws 7-8 bad passes and gets none..

imagine if the first drive when they fumble it doesnt go OB..

honestly you cant point at a single play this year where the offense made a play out of nothing... nc state made 4-5 today alone.. play makers on the way is what we hope for.. NC state made a ton of mistakes today and nothing bad happened from almost any of them..

they could have called a penalty on Chubbs play and we get it for protecting the qb when he flops. We throw a couple bad passes and get the INT and Finley throws 7-8 bad passes and gets none..

imagine if the first drive when they fumble it doesnt go OB..

Just not true. Albeit probably isn’t many but we have made plenty of plays on broken plays. Riley’s catch against CMU.. Ish bailed out ED a few times today too

making a catch is nice.. Im talking about making guys miss. Neal made one nice on in game one.. the NC state kids made plays like that last one that led to the TD, we had everyone there and still he got by us.

The illegal formation penalty bothered me the most, took a td off the board, there is no excuse for it on any level of football, all you have to do is check in with the ref to make sure you are lined up properly. :vomit:

Yes! I remember playing WR in pop warner and being terrified of getting a penalty for that, so I’d ask the ref every single time if I was ok. Zero penalties. No excuse for it.

Yes! I remember playing WR in pop warner and being terrified of getting a penalty for that, so I’d ask the ref every single time if I was ok. Zero penalties. No excuse for it.
Three weeks ago we had a kid called for that no less than 8 times. Thought coach was going to snap his clipboard in half.

I coached receivers in hs, we had a kid do it 3 times in a game, thought the Head coach was going to snap me in half.
Coach did spike his clipboard the third time but I don’t think many saw it and told me after the game he did want to snap it half. The kid’s mother is very laxidasical about bringing him to practice so that could play into it.

Then the kid shouldnt be playing if mom cant get him there. As a coach that would piss me off too no end. Ur way more patient than me.
I agree. I’m actually on the cheer end of things and we have his sister on the squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom