MIZZ has Votes to move | Syracusefan.com

MIZZ has Votes to move

Blaster

2nd String
Click
they have the BOC meeting tomorrow and the Gov. says they have the votes to move to the SEC

One recent curator mentioned that the board has “a lot of respect” for the chancellor. What’s interesting is Missouri’s governor, who actually appointed 5 of the 7 board members, claims the board supports a move to the SEC.

Marinatto counters with Johnson & Wales and Rhode Island School of Design.
Don't forget Bryant University and Rhode Island College.

MIZZ # 14 WVU #15 ?#16

I can't see the SEC going past 14 without a name school. So unless FSU comes along, the SEC is just expanding for expansions sake. If their 16 ends up being A&M, Mizzou, WV, and Clemson then the B1G will laugh.

Click
they have the BOC meeting tomorrow and the Gov. says they have the votes to move to the SEC
I don't believe that Mizzou is going to the SEC.

With the TV Tier I and II distribution issue resolved in an even split, there would appear to be decent incentive to stay in a ten-team conference playing traditional rivals.

I certainly hope the Tigers stay in the Big 12.

They might just stay at 15 for a year or so if Mizzou and WVU go to the SEC. They can certainly afford to but their ultimate goal is to get to 16 and hopefully have the #16 be Texas

I just dont get why they are waiting so long to invite WVU i would figure if they were going that they would have invited them a month ago. I would assume if they invite both they have 16 in the bag and kept it secret.

Salve Regina to the Big East. former woman's school. But with a lot of upside.

Mizzou? WVU?
Well, now I don't know what to believe.

They might just stay at 15 for a year or so if Mizzou and WVU go to the SEC. They can certainly afford to but their ultimate goal is to get to 16 and hopefully have the #16 be Texas

I think if this is true and Missouri and WV are in is it possible to got to a 15 3 5 team division conference and have a wild card play in type deal? This also may keep more schools happy if they set up the divisions/pods to their liking.

Bama, Auburn, Miss, MSU, Florida
LSU, A&M, Missouri, Ark, Georgia
Kentucky, USC, WV, Vandy, UT
Geography wise or they go to strength or rivals and match them up accordingly.

The SEC thinks they are the best and want another "playoff" game so I really wouldn't be surprised to see them try to get one going ASAP. They'll wait for the 16th unless they have one that is lurking like the ACC did with SU and Pitt. I would not doubt that FSU, Clemson or VTech would jump, especially if the ACC can't please them with a football school add, if it's UConn and Rutgers they will want out.

15 doesn't work the same way that 13 doesn't work. You'd have some teams playing more conference games than others.

The SEC will go to 14 and stop. It'll be either Mizzou or WVU to the SEC. If it's Mizzou, look for WVU to backfill the Big XII.

Add BYU to the Big XII to get back to 10. I doubt they'll want to go to 12, but if they do it'll be TCU and UL.

15 doesn't work the same way that 13 doesn't work. You'd have some teams playing more conference games than others.

The SEC will go to 14 and stop. It'll be either Mizzou or WVU to the SEC. If it's Mizzou, look for WVU to backfill the Big XII.

Add BYU to the Big XII to get back to 10. I doubt they'll want to go to 12, but if they do it'll be TCU and UL.

No you wouldn't. You play 4 teams in your division and 3 games/w 1 against each pod and one every year cross over/rival game.

Actually 15 works great IF the NCAA allowed three divisions with each champ going to the conf playoffs. Having 5 conferences of 15 would be nice and clean. Actually better than 16 teams IMO. The BCS would then include 75 teams out of 125. For BBall you play everyone once (14) and your division a 2nd time (+4=18). For FB you play your division (4) and then 2 games vs each of the other divisions on a rotating basis (+2+2=8). So you play cross divisions teams twice every 5 years. Then for the playoff the 3rd best division winner plays at the 2nd best. Week after is CCG (3rd Sat after TG).

I don't believe that Mizzou is going to the SEC.

With the TV Tier I and II distribution issue resolved in an even split, there would appear to be decent incentive to stay in a ten-team conference playing traditional rivals.

I certainly hope the Tigers stay in the Big 12.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Mizzou stay. But to your point about traditional rivals, I would imagine Mizzou is wondering just who they are. Certainly Kansas, especially for hoops. But what else? Two of the B12 North teams they developed rivalries with are gone (Colorado/Nebraska). Kansas football just hasn't been the same since their coaching replacement and the bloom came off the rose in that short term fun rivalry game they were having in KC. Oklahoma has some tradition to it, but the B12 killed that annual game, maybe it would return in the league's new config.

I think this is part of why you're seeing Mizzou fans overwhelmingly vote to move. Not only is it stability, but I think they're wondering what makes the B12 so special for them anymore.

Going to make for an interesting decision.

Don't forget Bryant University and Rhode Island College.

Don't forget Greensboro School of Barbers. Next that inroad into ACC territory in NC.

I think if this is true and Missouri and WV are in is it possible to got to a 15 3 5 team division conference and have a wild card play in type deal? This also may keep more schools happy if they set up the divisions/pods to their liking.

Bama, Auburn, Miss, MSU, Florida
LSU, A&M, Missouri, Ark, Georgia
Kentucky, USC, WV, Vandy, UT
Geography wise or they go to strength or rivals and match them up accordingly.

The SEC thinks they are the best and want another "playoff" game so I really wouldn't be surprised to see them try to get one going ASAP. They'll wait for the 16th unless they have one that is lurking like the ACC did with SU and Pitt. I would not doubt that FSU, Clemson or VTech would jump, especially if the ACC can't please them with a football school add, if it's UConn and Rutgers they will want out.

There are some good (interesting) divisions there. The Kentucky, USC, WVU, VANDY and UT one in particular. It's certainly weaker than the others. But those would be great rivalry games. But I'm afraid the first division is a little too heavily weighted.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Mizzou stay. But to your point about traditional rivals, I would imagine Mizzou is wondering just who they are. Certainly Kansas, especially for hoops. But what else? Two of the B12 North teams they developed rivalries with are gone (Colorado/Nebraska). Kansas football just hasn't been the same since their coaching replacement and the bloom came off the rose in that short term fun rivalry game they were having in KC. Oklahoma has some tradition to it, but the B12 killed that annual game, maybe it would return in the league's new config.

I think this is part of why you're seeing Mizzou fans overwhelmingly vote to move. Not only is it stability, but I think they're wondering what makes the B12 so special for them anymore.

Going to make for an interesting decision.
Can't argue with you.

MIZZ # 14 WVU #15 ?#16

Seriously? You, me and everyone else knows what the expansion hullaballoo has always been about: Who gets the BIG Prize. The SEC, by its manipulations, connivings and strategies beyond our mere mortal minds has finnaly secured the ultimate prize available. In the same intstant, the tell the Big East, Big 12 and B1G 10 to go do something anatomically impossible while making the ACC their lapdog.

It's like this:

Step 1: Take TAMU from the Big 12, weakens them, gets Texas market and provides permanent fodder for other SEC teams to harass them about their male cheerleaders.
Step 2: Force southern little brother, otherwise known as the ACC, to take two Big East schools. This is the key step, the ACC can have anyone except the KEY PRIZE. The SEC concedes basketball to the ACC in exchange for this and the ACC concedes to be forever relegated to second class status in the southern TV markets. The ACC survives, though.
Step 3: Take Mizzou, sticking it to the B1G. Signals to the B1G 10 you can't get whomever you want, we can!!!!
Step 4: Take WVU to further weaken the Big East, further enticing the BIG PRIZE to re-think their position and efforts to rebuild the Big East.
Step 5: Final step, issue an ultimatum to the BIG PRIZE. Join now or forever be relegated to nothingness. Explain that the SEC will fight any and all inclusion of teams not in AQ conferences playing in BCS bowls. Further, Destroy the Big East football, sorry TCU, Louisville, you are just pawns in the SEC's grand conquest of the entire college football world. They may consider you if they decide to expand beyond 16 - but don't hold your breath. Without the major north eastern teams, the northeast TV markets are up for grabs. The ACC has guaranteed they will not accept an application from this school in exchange for the promises above.

Analysis: The BIG PRIZE is an academic powerhouse in their own egotistical minds. They see themselves in the anals of sports history as one of the all time greats. They are near one of the largest TV markets and boast a national following far beyond what the data indicates. And they bring with them a truly unique mascot, which we all know to be VERY important to college football.

So there it is Gents, The SEC scores the ULTIMATE PRIZE In college football. Yes, Rutgers will anounce by next week that they will join the SEC. :D

No you wouldn't. You play 4 teams in your division and 3 games/w 1 against each pod and one every year cross over/rival game.
This doesn't work... do the math.

KingOtto's setup does work. The problem is the championship. You have three choices:
  1. only the two division winners with the best records play (use the BCS ranking as tie breaker, if needed)
  2. follow King Otto's proposed 3-team playoff
  3. add the best 2nd place finisher as a wild card and have a 4-team playoff
While all have their issues, the first should be OK with the NCAA rules.
That said, I believe the SEC will only go to 14, with Mizzou as first choice. WVU is an easy backup plan as it would appear to be easier to extricate them from the BE than the other options.