Mizzou Return Trip? Future Non-Conference Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Mizzou Return Trip? Future Non-Conference Schedule

Ozcuse

All American
I was watching replays of the Mizzou game last night and it got me to thinking- are they going to return the favor and play in the Dome? Or did we give away a home game because our scheduler is incompetent?

Mizzou at the Dome would be the ideal type of non-conf. foe: decent enough name that it will draw, but not big enough that it will get moved to the Meadowlands. Also, it's a very winnable game as last year's result at Faurot Field showed.

A list of winnable "name" schools from AQ conferences I would like to see on the schedule in the near future years:

Missouri - SEC
Illinois - B1G
Vanderbilt - SEC
Oregon St - PAC
Purdue - B1G
Ole Miss - SEC
Washington - PAC
UCLA - PAC
WVU - Big12
Iowa - B1G
Rutgers (LOL kidding. No name, never accomplished anything)

I noticed that there weren't any "winnable" Big 12 games that appealed to me outside of WVU. Maybe Kansas?

Anyone want to add?

I believe it was a one timer, like the Purdue game way back when.

I was watching replays of the Mizzou game last night and it got me to thinking- are they going to return the favor and play in the Dome? Or did we give away a home game because our scheduler is incompetent?

Mizzou at the Dome would be the ideal type of non-conf. foe: decent enough name that it will draw, but not big enough that it will get moved to the Meadowlands. Also, it's a very winnable game as last year's result at Faurot Field showed.

A list of winnable "name" schools from AQ conferences I would like to see on the schedule in the near future years:

Missouri - SEC
Illinois - B1G
Vanderbilt - SEC
Oregon St - PAC
Purdue - B1G
Ole Miss - SEC
Washington - PAC
UCLA - PAC
WVU - Big12
Iowa - B1G

I noticed that there weren't any "winnable" Big 12 games that appealed to me outside of WVU. Maybe Kansas?

Anyone want to add?
I don't mind giving one away... as long as it's one we win ;)

Also, while I'm not saying that Frazier is competent, it should be pointed out that SU had to add the Mizzou game due to WVU leaving the BE and not being replaced by TCU. SU's nuts were in a vise.

Mizzou needed the game just as badly. Why did they have all the leverage?

Also, while I'm not saying that Frazier is competent, it should be pointed out that SU had to add the Mizzou game due to WVU leaving the BE and not being replaced by TCU. SU's nuts were in a vise.

Good use of the fairness doctrine here Frazier may be an idiot (and there is some evidence that may be the case) WVU and TCU defections really screwed us over and we didn't want to go the Pitt/Buttgirls route and schedule two 1AA's

Missouri - SEC
Illinois - B1G
Vanderbilt - SEC
Oregon St - PAC
Purdue - B1G
Ole Miss - SEC
Washington - PAC
UCLA - PAC
WVU - Big12
Iowa - B1G

Anyone want to add?

I want Kansas State and Nebraska.

I wouldn't mind a rotating south florida or central florida especially in years where we play florida state at home(even years).

Arizona St. for selfish reasons please. Plus you fans can come see some of the hottest women in the country!

Good use of the fairness doctrine here Frazier may be an idiot (and there is some evidence that may be the case) WVU and TCU defections really screwed us over and we didn't want to go the Pitt/Buttgirls route and schedule two 1AA's
Yup, no question SU was in a tight bind, as were all the schools in the Big East. However, I believe SU was the last or next to last to schedule the 12th game and lost some
possible opportunities to solve the problem in a more equitable way.

Rutgers for example, was able to fill the WVU hole with an away game at Arkansas, which is the same thing SU did, except the Scarlet Knights were able to schedule a 2012-13 home and home series with the Razorbacks instead of a single away game.

As someone wise once said, the early bird gets the home and home.

Okay, no one ever said that.

My frustration is that SU has a recent history of being very slow to react to issues with the football schedule. I am not seeing any signs of changes in this behavior recently. Would love to see some attractive OOC games for the next couple of years announced soon.

Meh I think we need to distance ourselves from the AAK and put them permanently in the rear view mirror

I 'm distancing us from butgers. Playing a MAC or AAC team is likely going to continue though because were not going all notre dame with our schedule

Yup, no question SU was in a tight bind, as were all the schools in the Big East. However, I believe SU was the last or next to last to schedule the 12th game and lost some
possible opportunities to solve the problem in a more equitable way.

Rutgers for example, was able to fill the WVU hole with an away game at Arkansas, which is the same thing SU did, except the Scarlet Knights were able to schedule a 2012-13 home and home series with the Razorbacks instead of a single away game.

As someone wise once said, the early bird gets the home and home.

Okay, no one ever said that.

My frustration is that SU has a recent history of being very slow to react to issues with the football schedule. I am not seeing any signs of changes in this behavior recently. Would love to see some attractive OOC games for the next couple of years announced soon.

yea our OOC schedule going forward is pretty barren. Michigan and West Virginia should be 2 of our top choices for OOC games going forward.

I 'm distancing us from butgers. Playing a MAC or AAC team is likely going to continue though because were not going all notre dame with our schedule

Keep playing the MAC get Army back on the schedule maybe the Mountain West but stay away from the fish carcass stinkfest which is the AAC (or Ack) we are bigtime leave them in the dust!

Keep playing the MAC get Army back on the schedule maybe the Mountain West but stay away from the fish carcass stinkfest which is the AAC (or Ack) we are bigtime leave them in the dust!

we above the mac too and very few mountain west teams make sense on our schedule from a fan interest standpoint

we above the mac too and very few mountain west teams make sense on our schedule from a fan interest standpoint

Well most people on this board have no interest in playing the Ack so I think your in the minority

I'd still like to be playing WVU and Rutgers every year. WVU for obvious rivalry reasons and Rutgers for one of our automatic W-type of OOC game. And because it's fun mocking their "fans".

yea our OOC schedule going forward is pretty barren. Michigan and West Virginia should be 2 of our top choices for OOC games going forward.
wv, cincy & the eastern bloc b1gs are my wish list.

I'd still like to be playing WVU and Rutgers every year. WVU for obvious rivalry reasons and Rutgers for one of our automatic W-type of OOC game. And because it's fun mocking their "fans".

Both of those I am fine with because one is a weeeaaakkkk Big 12-2 team and one is a Big 10+2 team (sorry +4) I just don't want to ever play and Aaaaack team

The Ack, I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom