Mizzou Return Trip? Future Non-Conference Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mizzou Return Trip? Future Non-Conference Schedule

Yup, no question SU was in a tight bind, as were all the schools in the Big East. However, I believe SU was the last or next to last to schedule the 12th game and lost some
possible opportunities to solve the problem in a more equitable way.

Rutgers for example, was able to fill the WVU hole with an away game at Arkansas, which is the same thing SU did, except the Scarlet Knights were able to schedule a 2012-13 home and home series with the Razorbacks instead of a single away game.

As someone wise once said, the early bird gets the home and home.

Okay, no one ever said that.

My frustration is that SU has a recent history of being very slow to react to issues with the football schedule. I am not seeing any signs of changes in this behavior recently. Would love to see some attractive OOC games for the next couple of years announced soon.

Maybe we did a one-game because we knew we were going to the ACC and couldn't commit to anything past last year, while Rutgers, at the time, thought they would be remaining in the BE, so they could easier schedule future years.

We need to get back to scheduling 2 for 1's with the MAC. We have a fair number of alums in Ohio and most certainly in La Buff (UB). Stay away from the Ack mess with the exception of Navy. Get Army back on the schedule as well.

Our future scheduling for the next few years is barren... we need to seriously get on it.

I like the idea of playing some Big 10. One trip I wouldn't complain about is Tulane. Always fun to visit the Crescent City for a weekend!

Well most people on this board have no interest in playing the Ack so I think your in the minority

It isn't about wanting to play AAC its about being a must to fill an out of conference schedule with a requisite number of home games and there are only a select few that i'd play(South Florida, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and maybe Temple and/or Tulane ) I'm all for rotating MAC schools, select AAC teams and army as our should be win game with 1 fcs team and 2 higher level games

we need to look to other private Universities with around the same size stadiums. Vanderbilt would be someone I would really like to see in the future. Wouldn't mind seeing Northwestern again either. Fitzgerald is a great coach, they should be very good this season and they are killing it on the recruiting trail this year. Other similar schools who could be interested.

Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Stanford
Cal
BYU
Baylor
TCU

WVU for obvious reasons, South Carolina (USC) for personal reasons and to see the Head Ball Coach throw his headgear, and Southern Cal so we can kick Lane on his way out.

BYU only has 11 games scheduled for 2014. They have 6 home games and 5 road games. Get them to come to the dome in 2014, and we'll travel there in 2015.

we need to look to other private Universities with around the same size stadiums. Vanderbilt would be someone I would really like to see in the future. Wouldn't mind seeing Northwestern again either. Fitzgerald is a great coach, they should be very good this season and they are killing it on the recruiting trail this year. Other similar schools who could be interested.

Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Stanford
Cal
BYU
Baylor
TCU

Ditto. I'd love to schedule all the private schools.

And B10, just in case we need a new home some day.

USF and UCF would be okay, but not needed so much with FSU and Miami.

We can play away games at Mizz for the next decade if the outcome is the same. Damn, that felt good.

BYU only has 11 games scheduled for 2014. They have 6 home games and 5 road games. Get them to come to the dome in 2014, and we'll travel there in 2015.
I would serve as Provo tour guide to everyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ditto. I'd love to schedule all the private schools.

And B10, just in case we need a new home some day.

USF and UCF would be okay, but not needed so much with FSU and Miami.

We can play away games at Mizz for the next decade if the outcome is the same. Damn, that felt good.

it's definitely nice being able to hang our hat on that win AT Mizzou, especially going head to head with them for a couple key recruits. With our new emphasis on Illinois, getting a series going with Northwestern would be ideal, or maybe an Illinois, Iowa or Michigan St series.

No offense to those who have suggested teams out west, but I hope we never travel more than a time zone away for a game again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Arizona St. for selfish reasons please. Plus you fans can come see some of the hottest women in the country!

UNLV for selfish reasons.

No offense to those who have suggested teams out west, but I hope we never travel more than a time zone away for a game again.

I think that's the right call., even though I'm two time zones away.

Of course Grotto the grotto likes this post. It would be in his backyard. Personally, I don't see BYU as having. Much upside in scheduling for us. If we are going to go that far west, play someone in an area where we have more potential to recruit, or alumni -- Houston, or Dallas, or California, or such. I think we could pretty easily keep our games east of the Mississippi though.

Now that's being selfish...;)

Of course Grotto the grotto likes this post. It would be in his backyard. Personally, I don't see BYU as having. Much upside in scheduling for us. If we are going to go that far west, play someone in an area where we have more potential to recruit, or alumni -- Houston, or Dallas, or California, or such. I think we could pretty easily keep our games east of the Mississippi though.

Don't disagree but BYU might be easy to visit Cuse as they would have a desire to make a pilgrimage to Palmyra while here and they do have a national brand

Don't disagree but BYU might be easy to visit Cuse as they would have a desire to make a pilgrimage to Palmyra while here and they do have a national brand

Sure that's good for them. But IMHO the game isn't good for us.

I don't have fond memories of our last visit to BYU.