MLB offseason talk | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milwaukee should have gone back to the AL but Selig protected them.
Brewers love having the Cubs on the schedule because they fill their stadium in road games in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee back to the AL and keep one team in each in Texas was smarter.

Diamondbacks years ago were rumored to switch to the AL but their old owner stopped it.

First pitch tonight was 103.

That's the game time temperature, not the MPH.

A boy's return to the World Series 91 years later

Feel good story about a guy who went to the 1926 World Series as a 12 year old and saw Ruth and Gehrig(his rookie season) play. He’s almost 103 and going to Game 2 tonight to see his beloved Dodgers. They only played in Brooklyn for about 43 years of his life. Pretty cool story.

DNBhcB6XcAIOVzs.jpg

Suspend him! And the rest of their starting lineup for not doing anything. Good Samaritan Law or something! Sit them all!

Man, can those guys rake. Alex Wood, please give us the start of your life!

And in all seriousness, what he did was absolutely ridiculous for a grown man to do. I remember kids doing that and thinking it was funny when we were like 8-9 years old, and not realizing how disrespectful it was. A grown man doing that? Wow.

Suspend him! And the rest of their starting lineup for not doing anything. Good Samaritan Law or something! Sit them all!

Man, can those guys rake. Alex Wood, please give us the start of your life!

And in all seriousness, what he did was absolutely ridiculous for a grown man to do. I remember kids doing that and thinking it was funny when we were like 8-9 years old, and not realizing how disrespectful it was. A grown man doing that? Wow.
He says he didn’t mean to disrespect him. What was it then ? Paying homage ? Pretty sure in Japanese custom that would entail bowing .

Had he hit a homer off a black pitcher and made a thick lip gesture , would there be any doubt about him being suspended ?

He says he didn’t mean to disrespect him. What was it then ? Paying homage ? Pretty sure in Japanese custom that would entail bowing .

Had he hit a homer off a black pitcher and made a thick lip gesture , would there be any doubt about him being suspended ?

Agreed. Again, never in my life have I seen anyone over the age of like 8 or 9 do that. It actually blows my mind. And I thought a bigger deal would be made of it.

This is a side rant, but the way a lot of these modern baseball players act has gotten really annoying. Geniune emotion at a big moment is one thing, but all the choreographed stuff...nah. Like the Cubs bullpen dancing like idiots when the team hits a home run? Seriously? Get out of here with that.

He has to get suspended, but I assume it'll drag into next season

See this is gutless.
Chase Utley served his suspension in the playoffs 2 years ago.

I don’t see it as a suspension but MLB did and he should be serving it this year.

I agree with the suspension. You just can't have a player making a blatantly racist gesture and comment on any stage, let alone the biggest one of the season. But agree, if Manfred thinks he deserves a suspension, then he deserves it now.

See this is gutless.
Chase Utley served his suspension in the playoffs 2 years ago.

I don’t see it as a suspension but MLB did and he should be serving it this year.

Utley didn't serve the suspension. Ever

Also, if he was suspended for the series today, the union wold almost certainly be able to appeal and get it pushed off to next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom