MLB offseason | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
My Braves making some moves today - signing Josh Donaldson and Brian McCann to one year deals. Love the Donaldson deal if he can stay healthy. He'll be motivated to try to cash in big on a long term deal. I hate to lose Kurt Suzuki to the Nationals. I thought he and Tyler Flowers made a great catching team. McCann can't hit for average anymore, but hopefully he still has some pop. I'd love to get .240 and 20 homers out of him.

A possible Cano for Ellsbury swap for the Ms/Yanks.

I see both players signing deals with the mets in about 5 years so things are looking up

Patrick Corbin 6 years 126 million deal with Washington Nationals. Looks like Harper is gonzo.

A possible Cano for Ellsbury swap for the Ms/Yanks.

I see both players signing deals with the mets in about 5 years so things are looking up

Wow I was close

The St. Louis Cardinals have acquired Paul Goldschmidt from the Arizona Diamondbacks for RHP Luke Weaver, catcher Carson Kelly, infielder Andrew Young.
That is a pu-pu platter for 1 year of Goldschmidt. This is a guy I was worried about for the Yankees but thank you very much St. Louis.

The St. Louis Cardinals have acquired Paul Goldschmidt from the Arizona Diamondbacks for RHP Luke Weaver, catcher Carson Kelly, infielder Andrew Young.
That is a pu-pu platter for 1 year of Goldschmidt. This is a guy I was worried about for the Yankees but thank you very much St. Louis.
I wanted Arenado. Good trade, though, and happy to oblige.

Eovaldi resigning with Red Sox 4 years 68 million. I was hoping for 3-45 but it basically means Porcello is gone after next year.

Harold Baines and Lee Smith to the HOF. I can understand Smith but Baines is a total shocker. Never considered him HOF quality, but hall of very good. Even he was surprised reading his quotes in the article.

They are calling it the Chicago Conspiracy. Look at the voters, and it starts to make some sense. Agree 100% on Baines. He's a nice guy, humble, etc - but that shouldn't be the reason

Harold Baines and Lee Smith to the HOF. I can understand Smith but Baines is a total shocker. Never considered him HOF quality, but hall of very good. Even he was surprised reading his quotes in the article.
Neither have any business being in the hof

Those 2 schmucks are in...and Mattingly and Munson are not.

Think about that...

My reaction to Baines getting in.
DuFFvihW0AAkt3p.jpg

Dale Murphy won 2 MVPs in the NL and he isn’t close to the HOF yet Baines gets in.
Baines is the worst MLB HOFer of all time.
Atleast Lee Smith was an elite reliever in his era even though I wouldn’t put h in.

My reaction to Baines getting in.
DuFFvihW0AAkt3p.jpg

Dale Murphy won 2 MVPs in the NL and he isn’t close to the HOF yet Baines gets in.
Baines is the worst MLB HOFer of all time.
Atleast Lee Smith was an elite reliever in his era even though I wouldn’t put h in.
That’s what I was saying too.

At no point in my baseball watching career did I ever say...oh shlit, Baines is up this inning.

But for a significant time I would at least grant Smith that he was gonna close this out and the game is over.

Smith deserves this HOF participation trophy a lot more than Baines...who ImO, doesn’t at all.

if you're going to put someone in who primarily was a DH, Edgar Martinez was a better selection than Baines. Baines was a compiler. Martinez was an elite hitter.

That’s what I was saying too.

At no point in my baseball watching career did I ever say...oh shlit, Baines is up this inning.

But for a significant time I would at least grant Smith that he was gonna close this out and the game is over.

Smith deserves this HOF participation trophy a lot more than Baines...who ImO, doesn’t at all.
So Maddog explains why Baines got in.
His owner, GM, and 2 teammates were part of the 15 people who voted for these nominees.
It was a bag job.