MLB offseason talk | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the reasons for the firing. No sell outs in game 3 and game 4. There will be more major changes. The owners feel they have to change the fans view of this team. They just raised ticket prices. They could think John Farrell was Connie Mack (and he isn't) he was going to go. For ticket sales. Players will go for the same reason. I just hope they don't do something dumb like over pay for a power hitter. I don't think they will because the one thing that Dombrowski is good for is trading. The brewer trade not withsatnding.
Dombrowski was asked the question.
He said no level of success guaranteed Farrell’s return.

Dombrowski had the fire Farrell trump card in his pocket and used it.

Yeah. The Boston beat writers l
Buckley is fair.
Drelich had a session where Price called him out and yelled at him in New York. Drelich refused to say what happened.
He isn’t tough.
Shaughnessy who trolls everything Boston had this column.
Dan Shaughnessy: Piling on Red Sox pitcher David Price makes no sense - The Boston Globe
Shaughnessy hates everything Boston except when his bosses tell him lay off the Sox.
Merloni is totally fair. He hated Farrell more than me.

Felger the love bug again is a troll who is smart about it. He lets his lab dog Mazz be the stooge idiot but Felger is toUgh on all teams except he loves hockey and the bruins.

Pete Abe/Rob Bradford/Beat writers are soft.
We aren't talking about the Pats beat writers here where they kneel in front of Billy B. The Sox beat writers, sans Pete Abe, are rough. Drelich is not only tough, he is unfair and arrogant about it.

Dombrowski was asked the question.
He said no level of success guaranteed Farrell’s return.

Dombrowski had the fire Farrell trump card in his pocket and used it.
He did not say that. He said he couldn't answer whether that would have guaranteed his job. He had never had that come up before. Probably because Dave hasn't had much experience with championship teams. He might have had one in 13 but Farrell beat him. look, if they said that they fired Farrell because of his handling of the Eckersley matter, sign me up. But they can't justify it by his record. And that usually is what matters. In this case, no sell outs in game 3 and game 4, mattered more. That is what got the owners intention. And make no mistake, they made this call. No matter how Dombrowski tries to spin it.

I'm going with NYY in seven, for no other reason than I'm a Yankees fan.

I feel bad for the astros.

They better win 1 this weekend because they're going to be stage-frighted out in games 3 & 4..and 5 if necessary...

yanksfan257x330_display_image.jpg

Red Sox manager is most likely coming from one of these 3 Ron Gardenhire(hate it), Alex Cora(like it), Gabe Kapler(like it)

So just don’t choose Gardenhire Dave.

Red Sox manager is most likely coming from one of these 3 Ron Gardenhire(hate it), Alex Cora(like it), Gabe Kapler(like it)

Fwiw, Jon Heyman thinks the Mets are going to hire Cora.

Fwiw, Jon Heyman thinks the Mets are going to hire Cora.
Cora is going to be in demand.

I doubt he would take the Mets job over the Red Sox job. He will interview for both.

Gonna be a hell of a game tonight, and likely something that pushes 5 hours.
I read a Nats sponsor paid for the Metro to be open late tonight.

Scherzer should have started game 2 as he would be the guy tonight.

Not sure Gio is the guy I would want.

I read a Nats sponsor paid for the Metro to be open late tonight.

Scherzer should have started game 2 as he would be the guy tonight.

Not sure Gio is the guy I would want.

It's an hour after it normally closes, so like 12:30. And that might not even be enough.

Max wasn't ready for game 2, it is what it is.

Almost glad I am not going, since it's an early rise to head to the Cuse tomorrow.

Dusty and the Weird Wuss are going to be changing pitchers all night, this can get painfully long. I can see Gio going 3, Roark 2 to 3, Max then the 3 headed monster.

I think the idiots should get back together :bat:

Varitek-Manager
Millar-Bench Coach
Ortiz-Hitting Coach
Pedro-Pitching Coach
Tomlin-Bullpen Coach
Youk-1st base coach
Damon-3rd base coach

Gonna be a hell of a game tonight, and likely something that pushes 5 hours.
i'm a mets fan, but rooting for the dodgers since they are my son's favorite team. we'd rather face the cubs pitchers than the nats, but all we really want is a long game that burns both teams pitching staffs

Well, did they get the call right (within the rules)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom