MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans

Exciting final day! NL Central still up for grabs between the Brewers and Cubs and NL West with the Rockies and Dodgers! Monday baseball? I'd bet on at least one game.

And this one snuck up on me somehow but Christian Yelich is 2 RBI down from winning the Triple Crown.. He's far away leading in batting average, tied with Matt Carpenter in HR and 2 RBI behind Javier Baez.

Last edited:
Looks like Dodgers and Rockies are headed to a one game Monday playoff to decide who is division winner and who is wild card. Cubs and Brewers are both winning but the games are still competitive so still could turn.

Two Monday tiebreaker games!

Brewers at Cubs at 1:05 p.m. ET
Jhoulys Chacin vs Jose Quintana

Rockies at Dodgers at 4:09 p.m.
German Marquez vs Walker Buehler

Both games on ESPN.

Last edited:
Would love to see the Brew Crew and Rockies win these playoffs.
A Dodgers-Cubs play in would be cool.

Two Monday tiebreaker games!

Brewers at Cubs at 1:05 p.m. ET
Jhoulys Chacin vs Jose Quintana

Rockies at Dodgers at 4:09 p.m.
German Marquez vs Walker Buehler

Both games on ESPN.
I love it. I love chaos.

The Indians played 76 games against MLB's worst division, going 49-27. Cleveland went 16-18 vs. the AL East and 14-18 vs. AL West.

They get to play in the ALDS though. Have the 100-win Yankees and 97-win A's fight in a do-or-die one-gamer.

I thought they would only play a game 163 if the loser gets eliminated. All this does is assigns the winner the division the loser the wild card. They played each other so many times just use the head to head record as the tiebreaker to award the division title.

I thought they would only play a game 163 if the loser gets eliminated. All this does is assigns the winner the division the loser the wild card. They played each other so many times just use the head to head record as the tiebreaker to award the division title.

Where’s the fun in that? (Or the extra revenue)

I'm a little disappointed to see Colorado and Milwaukee playing each other at this point. I like both teams. Ah well ... I'll turn the Brave-Dodgers on when I want a nap.

Maybe the Braves will score a run before being swept.

Holy the Dodgers are the definition of unclutch. once a guy gets on..they cant even make contact.

Holy the Dodgers are the definition of unclutch. once a guy gets on..they cant even make contact.

I apologize for intruding but the Yankees can say hold my beer on that one.

Manager hires - David Bell to the Reds, Brad Ausmus to the Angels. Don't know much about Bell but can't say that I think Ausmus is the most imaginative hire ever.

All your Victor Mesa's belong to us...

DqHtorgW4AAC8Lv.jpg

Good grief, Walker Buehler throws his change at 92-93 tonight. Mike Mussina needed an ideal combination of temperature, elevation, air pressure and relative humidity to hit 90 with his fastball. At 270-153, it gives you a good idea of just how good a pitcher he was. Reminded me of Catfish Hunter.

For all that happened in game 3, tonight (game 4) should prove even more interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom