MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans

Pedro drilled batters intentionally and repeatedly, and then stared them down immediately afterward. And he wasn't the only Sox pitcher known to do it.
Yeah, who else?

Yeah, who else?

Roger Clemens, Bronson Arroyo, Ryan Dempster ... It's an epidemic.

"Since then, the Red Sox have outscored the Yankees in the beanball war, 337 to 264. "

Red Sox Have Edge in Beanball Wars

"That one instance came on June 9, 2011, when C. C. Sabathia hit Ortiz with a pitch in the top of the fourth. Somehow, in 809 plate appearances against the Yankees, in which he has hammered them with a .316 batting average, a .574 slugging percentage and 39 home runs, no other Yankees pitcher has bounced a baseball off his sizable frame."

It's Red Sox SOP. Own it.

Roger Clemens, Bronson Arroyo, Ryan Dempster ... It's an epidemic.

"Since then, the Red Sox have outscored the Yankees in the beanball war, 337 to 264. "

Red Sox Have Edge in Beanball Wars

"That one instance came on June 9, 2011, when C. C. Sabathia hit Ortiz with a pitch in the top of the fourth. Somehow, in 809 plate appearances against the Yankees, in which he has hammered them with a .316 batting average, a .574 slugging percentage and 39 home runs, no other Yankees pitcher has bounced a baseball off his sizable frame."

It's Red Sox SOP. Own it.
lol Bronson Arroyo????? Do you watch any games? Ryan Dempster hit one guy. And both teams were glad he did. And Roger Clemens belongs to you as well. how many of those hbp were by that flame thrower Tim Wakefield?

It’s funny and you know it.

Munson by all accounts, was a grumpy SOB.

It feeds into the all NYers are bad folk for you chowdaheads.

The Captain did that boy, his Dad and 50 year old you...a favor.
So if an adult tells your kid to eat crap, that is funny? Not to me. Thurmun was a piece of crap.

So if an adult tells your kid to eat crap, that is funny? Not to me. Thurmun was a piece of crap.
Yes, funny to me because im not stupid.

Then, I would explain to my kid why he said it.

It’s called wanting to win drawing a line in the sand between your team and teammates...and whoever is trying to prevent a win.

I would explain why he was ‘mean’.

Why he didn’t see you’re age, he saw the enemy.

And how he helped you become a bigger redsux fan...by him acting his role and playing the heel.

Would’ve been a great life’s lesson.

It’s called wanting to win drawing a line in the sand between your team and teammates...and whoever is trying to prevent a win.

And how he helped you become a bigger redsux fan...by him acting his role and playing the heel.

No. It really wouldn't be. What you would explain is that man is a asshat. And that God was watching.

by the way, that was the same series where Fred Stanley was slapped in the face, right in front of me, by Cliff Johnson. So much for drawing the line at teammates.

by the way, that was the same series where Fred Stanley was slapped in the face, right in front of me, by Cliff Johnson. So much for drawing the line at teammates.
Cliff Johnson fought Goose.

and was exiled to the late 70s early 80s Indians.

I like the chicken, but figure he deserved it.

of course nowadays in this era, of course he didn't.

Cliff Johnson fought Goose.

and was exiled to the late 70s early 80s Indians.

I like the chicken, but figure he deserved it.

of course nowadays in this era, of course he didn't.
I know that. I am talking about something totally different. Johnson actually slapped Fred Stanley for not telling him not to slide. Right in front of me.

I know that. I am talking about something totally different. Johnson actually slapped Fred Stanley for not telling him not to slide. Right in front of me.
Cliff had some issues.

as do all.

and we all know how life has changed every decade...and now its like we all better be parents of the 50s or we are on the internet and being sued.

The Oakland A's are tied for 1st place. Who the heck would have called that one?

The Oakland A's are tied for 1st place. Who the heck would have called that one?
Astros had the highest preseason O/U in baseball.
It’s amazing how well Oakland is doing.

Like the Yankees, the Astros have had key injuries to the bats.

And the A’s have channeled their inner redsux for a bit here.

I still think the Astros win the division before last weekend.

You better hope that happens or else it’s Verlander in the one game playoff.
Oakland doesn’t play Houston one time in September they have a soft schedule.
Houston still comes to Fenway and has Cleveland.
They aren’t going to run away from Oakland.

Houston-New York in the wild card game would be glorious.

I tend to think Houston will win it also but I'm pulling for Oakland. They've been my AL team since Reggie played his last season there in 1987.

Looking at the A's stats, there is nothing that sticks out that would indicate this is a first place team to me - kinda crazy, Khrys Davis is their HR and RBI guy and Jed Lowrie is having a good year after he started off amazingly hot, but other than that, nobody really sticks out. Sal Manaea is the only SP who has been in the rotation all year long. But somehow it's working for them.

I tend to think Houston will win it also but I'm pulling for Oakland. They've been my AL team since Reggie played his last season there in 1987.

Looking at the A's stats, there is nothing that sticks out that would indicate this is a first place team to me - kinda crazy, Khrys Davis is their HR and RBI guy and Jed Lowrie is having a good year after he started off amazingly hot, but other than that, nobody really sticks out. Sal Manaea is the only SP who has been in the rotation all year long. But somehow it's working for them.

Matt Chapman has a WAR of 6.6, which is 5th in the AL. None of his traditional stats are that great, 276/16/44, but he has an OPS of .862 and a .362 OBP It is his defence that is nearly worth half his WAT.

His dWAR, always a debatable stat is an amazing 3.0, the best in the AL.

Updated odds to win American League MVP (BetOnline):

Mike Trout -175
Mookie Betts +175
J.D. Martinez +500
Jose Ramirez +700
Jose Altuve +1600

Am I crazy or is JD Martinez insane value. I don’t get Trout being the favorite. Mookie is better than him.
JD has 2 of the 3 triple crown categories and is 2nd in BA.

Mike Trout -175
Mookie Betts +175
J.D. Martinez +500
Jose Ramirez +700
Jose Altuve +1600

Am I crazy or is JD Martinez insane value. I don’t get Trout being the favorite. Mookie is better than him.
Just Dianabol has my vote.

He’s your difference maker this year.

If it’s betts I won’t care, but it should be JD.

Looks like the Nats just threw in the towel. Matt Adams to the Cards and Daniel Murphy to the Cubs.

Adams was just a salary dump, Nats get a good prospect for Murphy.

Looks like the Nats just threw in the towel. Matt Adams to the Cards and Daniel Murphy to the Cubs.

Adams was just a salary dump, Nats get a good prospect for Murphy.

I already thought the Cubs were looking like the best team in the NL. Murphy has been coming on. Cubs are in the drivers seat.

The entire NL is wide open.
If I had to pick one team to win that league I would take Arizona.

They have the best combo of offense, pitching, bullpen IMO.

Mike Trout -175
Mookie Betts +175
J.D. Martinez +500
Jose Ramirez +700
Jose Altuve +1600

What about the NL?

What about the NL?
Updated odds to win National League MVP (BetOnline):

Freddie Freeman +125
Nolan Arenado +150
Bryce Harper +600
Javier Baez +650
Matt Carpenter +700
Lorenzo Cain +800
Matt Kemp +1000
Max Scherzer +1000

Forum statistics