MMMBop | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MMMBop

For some reason anything rock music related sticks in my brain. Band members, track listings, release dates, riffs, lyrics, etc. Even bands I don't even like or listen to.

Same here. There was a trivia game show on VH1 a few years back. It was team trivia. I wanted to form a team with one of my friends (and maybe my wife), who actually runs trivia contests in NYC bars on the Upper East Side. He didn't want to do it because he didn't want to risk losing and killing his reputation. Wuss. The trivia teams had different names. I wanted to name our team, "Nanker Phelge."

I checked out Rival Sons a little bit. They kind of have a Humble Pie feel to them. Good stuff.

Yeah, they're awesome. Check out the song, "Pressure & Time." Their album cover for "Pressure & Time" was designed by the legendary (now late, unfortunately) Storm Thorgerson, who did a ton of classic covers, including "Dark Side." But "Pressure & Time" is a good summation of their sound.

I checked out Rival Sons a little bit. They kind of have a Humble Pie feel to them. Good stuff.

The are L.A. locals. Just shook up their lineup, that ól bassist change.

Serious cuz. Maybe we can have a compiled list of other posters random music questions then hold a syracusefan board useless musical trivia challenge tourney. You and iommi can get byes.

Yeah, they're awesome. Check out the song, "Pressure & Time." Their album cover for "Pressure & Time" was designed by the legendary (now late, unfortunately) Storm Thorgerson, who did a ton of classic covers, including "Dark Side." But "Pressure & Time" is a good summation of their sound.

Pressure and Time was the song that gave me the Humble Pie vibe.

The are L.A. locals. Just shook up their lineup, that ól bassist change.

Serious cuz. Maybe we can have a compiled list of other posters random music questions then hold a syracusefan board useless musical trivia challenge tourney. You and iommi can get byes.

The signer is from Fontana, CA, I believe, which is where Sammy Hagar was raised. They did some show shows with him recently. He's a big fan, as is Jimmy Page, who actually went to one of their London shows and raved about them.

Pressure and Time was the song that gave me the Humble Pie vibe.

They do a wicked live cover of "It's a Man's World." (James Brown). "Keep on Swinging" is awesome as well. Singer's voice is fantastic and he has kind of a Jim Morrison look and swagger.

Yeah, my ring alternates between Hanson and "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath." :rolleyes: I am just a fountain of useless info, especially music-related.

Iommi invited Hanson to town so he could lure them to his pit of defilement. There he will sacrifice them to the Prince of Darkness, along with a few slain goats and bats. All the while he'll play the title track to Sabbath's first album in the background on continuous loop. The beast that is Ozzy will have his offering of young, virginal blood.

Sabbath Rules, Hanson Drools...and screams for 'mommy'. :)

Iommi invited Hanson to town so he could lure them to his pit of defilement. There he will sacrifice them to the Prince of Darkness, along with a few slain goats and bats. All the while he'll play the title track to Sabbath's first album in the background on continuous loop. The beast that is Ozzy will have his offering of young, virginal blood.

Sabbath Rules, Hanson Drools...and screams for 'mommy'. :)

You rule the interwebs!

You rule the interwebs!

Not really. I merely lurk in it's dark corners and shadows waiting to pounce. ;)

I'm a Paranoid, Snowblind, Supernaut on a Space Caravan looking for some Green Leaf and a little N.I.B. from a Dirty Woman. Never Say Die!

Not really. I merely lurk in it's dark corners and shadows waiting to pounce. ;)

I'm a Paranoid, Snowblind, Supernaut on a Space Caravan looking for some Green Leaf and a little N.I.B. from a Dirty Woman. Never Say Die!

Sweet Leaf...hey, in the spirit of this thread...some trivia...at the beginning of Sweet Leaf, that is Tony Iommi coughing for real in between takes...they looped one of his coughs, which was triggered by inhaling some of that "leaf."

Hanson wrote one of the best pop songs of all time before they had 6 pubes between the three of them.

Their music is a bit too polished for my taste, but they've gone on to do some decent retro pop/soul stuff.

I don't like Hanson at all but they've managed to have quite a successful career. They've been branded one-hit wonders but have a had a series of well-received albums after their debut album. Again, not my thing but they have become quite successful and have a very loyal fan base. They generally play decent size theaters.

You know waaaay too much about Hanson for comfort.

Peter: If you could be stranded on a desert island with any woman in the world, who would it be?

Glen Quagmire: Taylor Hanson.

Joe Swanson: Taylor Hanson is a guy.

Glen Quagmire: [Laughs] You guys are yankin' me. "Hey, let's put one over on Quagmire."

Peter: No, he's actually a guy, Quagmire.

Glen Quagmire: What? That's insane. That's impossible.

[Pause]

Glen Quagmire: Oh god. Oh my god. I've got all these magazines. Oh god.

Pete spent most of his teen years wishing Buffalo Bob would tell him to take the lotion and put in the basket. The rest of the time he spent fantasizing about that while rubbing the lotion on his skin. And listening repeatedly to Vanilla Ice, Rico Suave, and Milli Vanilli.

It was a disturbing thing to know about, but we just didn't know what to do- no one wanted to admit they knew him.

Pete spent most of his teen years wishing Buffalo Bob would tell him to take the lotion and put in the basket. The rest of the time he spent fantasizing about that while rubbing the lotion on his skin. And listening repeatedly to Vanilla Ice, Rico Suave, and Milli Vanilli.

It was a disturbing thing to know about, but we just didn't know what to do- no one wanted to admit they knew him.

I still remember when you and your friend tried to make it with the cow over at the Tech farm.

And you were the one who actually spent $$$ on the Milli Vanilli album and tried to play it at a party. The same party where you wore that Mr. T starter kit and a Rico Suave shirt.

Sweet Leaf...hey, in the spirit of this thread...some trivia...at the beginning of Sweet Leaf, that is Tony Iommi coughing for real in between takes...they looped one of his coughs, which was triggered by inhaling some of that "leaf."

I always wondered about that. Thanks for enlightening me.

Since I am all about the youtubes in this thread...

I'll just leave this here...

These guys were on Howard Stern years ago. I started listening mid song not knowing who it is and was impressed with he vocals. I was shocked when I heard who it was. Didn't make me a fan, but had to respect them a little.

iommi said:
Book it...we can do it in a chat room or something. You can be our moderator.:cool:

I have a great hard rock band for you to check out: Rival Sons. Huge Zeppelin influence. Singer sounds like Paul Rodgers. If this were 1975, they'd be headlining arenas.

I'll definitely have to check them out.

On the same note, with the Zep influence: though they are now broken up, Black Country Communion is excellent