MN and RW in the same backfield... | Syracusefan.com

MN and RW in the same backfield...

RoatanCuse

Starter
may bring some joy to an old Orangeman who watched ....

Big Jim Nance and Floyd Little
Little and Czonka
Ernie Davis and (sometimes) John Mackey
Who am I forgetting?

Drummond and Michael Owens.

McIntosh and Dee Brown.

Malcolm Thomas and Rob Konrad.

After McIntosh left I always thought James Mungro got a raw deal sitting behind Dee. I know Dee was productive, but, I always thought Mungro could've been tremendous if he was the feature back for more of his career.

After McIntosh left I always thought James Mungro got a raw deal sitting behind Dee. I know Dee was productive, but, I always thought Mungro could've been tremendous if he was the feature back for more of his career.

Mungro was terrific, but I think you're selling Dee short--he was a terrific college back, and a guy who played in the NFL.

On that note, I attended a random Browns / Panthers game back in like 2000 or 2001, and the Panthers RBs were so beat up, they were starting Dee Brown [who was like 4th string]. They ended up giving him something like 25 carries, and he rushed for 120 or so yards in a Panthers win.

I was the only one in Browns stadium rooting for Dee Brown.

Edit: just searched for the box score:

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2002120101

Mungro was terrific, but I think you're selling Dee short--he was a terrific college back, and a guy who played in the NFL.

On that note, I attended a random Browns / Panthers game back in like 2000 or 2001, and the Panthers RBs were so beat up, they were starting Dee Brown [who was like 4th string]. They ended up giving him something like 25 carries, and he rushed for 120 or so yards in a Panthers win.

I was the only one in Browns stadium rooting for Dee Brown.

Edit: just searched for the box score:

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2002120101
Dee Brown threw an interception in that game. Weird.

Jim Brown and Jim Ridlon (both also played lacrosse)
Ernie Davis and Gerhard Schwedes ('59 national champs)

joe morris deserves the credit and more for "44" despite the fact he never wore the number---but played with the soul of that number---he is the only person to represent that LEVEL of excellence since that era---most others were excellent but not at that level. it bothers me , that no one talks about the ols, they helped those backs,but i guess we are talking about the individual toughness of the backs. no folks are ever tougher than the guys who open holes. MY favorite back of all time was jim nance overlooked and underrated

joe morris deserves the credit and more for "44" despite the fact he never wore the number---but played with the soul of that number---he is the only person to represent that LEVEL of excellence since that era---most others were excellent but not at that level. it bothers me , that no one talks about the ols, they helped those backs,but i guess we are talking about the individual toughness of the backs. no folks are ever tougher than the guys who open holes. MY favorite back of all time was jim nance overlooked and underrated
Nance was also an All American national champion wrester at heavyweight. Not too shabby.

i loved jim nance, little and czonka arguably the greatest tandem in college football
Extending the Csonka "tree" to the next level: Csonka and Jim Kiick on the world champion Dolphins.

Extending the Csonka "tree" to the next level: Csonka and Jim Kiick on the world champion Dolphins.
"Hopalong and Butch Cassidy" Hole in the wall gang

Ringostar57 said:
"Hopalong and Butch Cassidy" Hole in the wall gang

I thought it was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom