Monday Afternoon Articles-Chandler Jones Injured | Syracusefan.com

Monday Afternoon Articles-Chandler Jones Injured

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
C.Jones.jpg

Defensive end Chandler Jones, two others, hurt in Syracuse University football opener

Syracuse happy to be 1-0

Quarterback Ryan Nassib picks up weekly honors for leading Syracuse University comeback win over Wake Forest

Antwon Bailey, Ryan Nassib are two of Big East's top performers of ...

Nassib Earns Weekly Award Recognition

Syracuse University football recruits Ashton Broyld and Tyree Smallwood help Milford Academy to 3-0 start

Kevyn Scott a scholar-athlete

Video

5219226160_bb868b662d_o.png

HCDM Previews Rhode Island

Former Player

The Redskins drafted Syracuse back Ernie Davis as the first pick in the 1962 draft. Davis was traded, but the Redskins eventually signed five African-Americans, including future Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell.

Mitchell maintains that he never had any issues with George Preston Marshall, but faced much hostility from fans. Mitchell, the Redskins' first African-American star, stayed with the team for decades, eventually rising to the position of assistant general manager before retiring in 2002.
WBUR

Fantasy

Carter_Delone.jpg

Delone Carter overtook Donald Brown for the backup running back role in Indianapolis. The fragile Joseph Addai is now the only thing keeping Carter from a starting role and considering the additional workload with Manning sidelined for the first portion of the season, it won't be long before Carter is the No.1 back. Carter would make a perfect late-round flier.
SN

Around The Big East

Big East Weekend Rewind

Last Opponent

The Tanner Price Injury Situation

Wake loss to SU condisered a bad one

Around The Nation

Labor Day links

Blogs

a-broyld-jpg.9

Syracuse Football: Catching Up With the Commits - Ashton Broyld Lighting it up for Milford

Big East Football Notebook 9.5.11: Top Performers, Results And Upcoming Schedule

Syracuse vs. Rhode Island: Viva La Revolucion Will Be Televised

yikes. It did not seem to me that Chandler was injured in any way during his game play or his interview afterwards. I hope all three will be fine enough to play Saturday and that none of them are serious.

I thought he was limping a few times but he seemed to keep playing

So what is the possible range of ACL severity? Obviously he wasn't taken off in a cart, so it wasn't at the high end of the severity range. CuseRegular?

I think they said they expect him to play this week, would love them to have a good season makes our comeback look better

Obviously never a good thing to have one of your very best players go down, but hopefully we should be able to allow our beat up guys to have an extra week of rest this Saturday. Ball played a VERY good game I thought, and I'd actually be very interested to see what Sharpe can finally do with more playing time.