Monday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Monday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
12327969-large.jpg

Syracuse football roundup: What happened on day 2 of the combine?

Orange Watch: The 2013 Syracuse football schedule…well, sort of

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

Height: 6-2 … Weight: 227 … 40 time: 5.06 … Vertical jump: 28.5 inches
Nassib’s low-end 40 time (unofficially 5.06, better than only Landry Jones at quarterback) proofed what his college tape showed and what he told the media here Friday: He’s not a speed QB.

“I’m not much of a runner by trade like some other guys,” Nassib said, when asked if he could run the zone-read.

As a pocket passer, though, Nassib did nothing to hurt his stock during Sunday’s workout. The knocks on Nassib include that he lets his mechanics slip and occasionally floats passes downfield.

But in the controlled combine environment, he was able to flash a strong, accurate arm. Nassib is a more athletic QB than he showed in the 40, too, so don’t expect his 5.06 to hurt him too much.
NFL/SI.com

Syracuse's Ryan Nassib is a player who impresses others more than he does me. At the Senior Bowl, I saw inaccuracy from him in situations where that should never happen -- simple intermediate and longer throws in practice situations.

At the combine, I thought he was decent with the intermediate stuff, but questionable with longer throws, which lines up with my overall thoughts about his skill set -- I think that he will struggle to make those longer stick throws at the NFL level at times. He may wind up being a fringe starter or career backup. I really question whether Nassib will be a top-of-the-line starter.

He will max out in most aspects of the game, especially the mental aspects of the position, but I wonder about the complete skill set. His ultimate upside might be somewhere between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Andy Dalton.
2013 QB class continues iffy narrative in throwing drills

Crofton's Lemon Makes His Case at NFL Combine

In Depth: Syracuse WR Alec Lemon

Videos

Alec Lemon catch at Combine

Alec Lemon catching at NFL Combine

Alec Lemon 40-yard at NFL Combine

Combine News

Watch The Combine Live Here

Barkley met with Bills

WR's winners & those who surprised

Mock Draft

Nassib 62 to Oakland, Pugh 82 to Miami

Top pick in mock draft Sheldon Richardson sat out against SU

Blogs

Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Podcast: NFL Combine With Justin Pugh ...

Buffalo Bills news: Offensive guard prospect Justin Pugh 40-yard dash stats

2013 NFL Combine: Justin Pugh Showcases Athleticism

Other SU Sports

SB

LBSU Softball Walks Off Syracuse

Orange softball goes 1-4 at Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic

University News

Original.jpg

Syracuse University student struck and killed by car in New York City

Morales, 23, was a sport management major at Syracuse University

Cold Case Justice Initiative at Syracuse:A soldier father shot to death in a Jim Crow world

Around CNY

St. Patrick's season kicks off with green beer Sunday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom