Monk Learns Hall Of Fame Fate On May 15 | Syracusefan.com

Monk Learns Hall Of Fame Fate On May 15

I don't see how he can be left out.

I was going to say I can't understand how the guy who is currently #12 on the career receptions list could possibly be left out, but then saw that Derrick Mason is #11, in one less season. Do we consider Mason a HOF caliber player?

I still think Monk deserves to get in, by the way, but interesting to look at the career receptions list (I didn't realize Tony Gonzalez is #2 or that Hines Ward is #8, for instance).

I was going to say I can't understand how the guy who is currently #12 on the career receptions list could possibly be left out, but then saw that Derrick Mason is #11, in one less season. Do we consider Mason a HOF caliber player?

I still think Monk deserves to get in, by the way, but interesting to look at the career receptions list (I didn't realize Tony Gonzalez is #2 or that Hines Ward is #8, for instance).
I think the thing that seperates Monk in my eyes from the other people you listed is the consecutive game reception streak

Yep and Mason played in 6 more games in his career and played at a time when the passing game was much more prominent than when Monk played ... its more a testimony to Monk than anything else.