Monmouth | Syracusefan.com

Monmouth

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
They have already beat UCLA, Notre Dame, and only 1 behind Dayton with 4 minutes to go.

Might be the 13 or 14 seed nobody wants to play come tourney time.

And BTW, their walkons act like complete douches with celebratory fake camera poses after each made basket.

They have already beat UCLA, Notre Dame, and only 1 behind Dayton with 4 minutes to go.

Might be the 13 or 14 seed nobody wants to play come tourney time.

And BTW, their walkons act like complete douches with celebratory fake camera poses after each made basket.

Caught the locker room celebration after they beat ND. Strange behavior.

Our walk ons were doing the same fake "draw an arrow from a quiver and fire it from a bow" stuff today.

Let kids be kids.

Fair enough -- were they doing it after every basket? Monmouth -- Seemed entirely way too choreographed.. They had one were the guy was a fish, one where he was a quarterback... but as you they are kids.

My biggest point without getting into the kids though is they have played very well for a team from a lower tier conference (below mid major level conference)

Fair enough -- were they doing it after every basket? Monmouth -- Seemed entirely way too choreographed.. They had one were the guy was a fish, one where he was a quarterback... but as you they are kids.

My biggest point without getting into the kids though is they have played very well for a team from a lower tier conference (below mid major level conference)

It probably was, Monmouth isn't going to be on national tv too many times.

Lots of familar names coaching at Monmouth. King Rice, Binghamton native from UNC, Rick Callahan experienced coach who started his coaching under JB here at SU, Duane Woodward played at BC in the late 90's. Doing a good job at Monmouth.

King Rice I hear stories he could of had nba all star potential if he didn't get hurt.

Last edited:
They have not beaten Notre Dame, USC, and UCLA. Lost to Dayton by 3.

They will have an interesting resume if the above are all at least bubble level teams.

They have not beaten Notre Dame, USC, and UCLA. Lost to Dayton by 3.

They will have an interesting resume if the above are all at least bubble level teams.

They also lost to USC. Dont ask. You're right they did beat USC, but they also lost to USC. Same team.

They also lost to USC. Dont ask. You're right they did beat USC, but they also lost to USC. Same team.

In an era that P5 bubble teams that go 4-12 vs top 50 get significant credibility for having 4 quality wins, I will not hold the 1-1 record vs Monmouth.

Last edited:
They play in the Northeast Conference, which usually gets the play in treatment. These guys should avoid that fate provided they win their conference tourney. They've got some nice wins but conference play will kill their rpi. Very unlikely they get an at large if they don't win their tournament.

Never said they couldn't have fun. Please do!

My television was on mute. Just saying... it was weird. And if not weird, then different.

Now back to my gestapo patrol.
images

Monmouth is the only team that needs a cheerleading coach for the bench.
These guys may have created a new sport within a sport...at least until the NCAA puts a halt to it.

These guys may have created a new sport within a sport...at least until the NCAA puts a halt to it.

Didn't McNabb really start the bench cheerleader act with his choreographed arm and foot work while on the BB team?

A lot of Orange alums come from Monmouth county. Don't be a jerk. It was a couple of the best victories in the schools history. And the coach was very gracious, humble, and full of class during the post game interview. It's a great story for all us Monmouth county people. I'm thrilled.

I'm more thrilled the Orange beat UConn. But there was no end to the joy over the last week in CBB for me!!

A lot of Orange alums come from Monmouth county. Don't be a jerk. It was a couple of the best victories in the schools history. And the coach was very gracious, humble, and full of class during the post game interview. It's a great story for all us Monmouth county people. I'm thrilled.

I'm more thrilled the Orange beat UConn. But there was no end to the joy over the last week in CBB for me!!

I almost went to school there, very good school, nice to see them picking off people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom