Morale Victories | Syracusefan.com

Morale Victories

SWC75

Bored Historian
Steve Infante was saying on the OrangeNation radio program that the LSU game was a "moral victory" for SU. I n called in and made my speech about the term 'moral victory', asking what an immoral victory would be and my preference for "an encouraging performance in defeat".

Steve explained that he thinks the term 'moral victory' derives from the word "morale" and thought this was a victory of sorts because of what it would do for team morale.

I think team morale was just fine and that's what allowed them to come back and make such a game of it in "Death Valley" after throwing a (moral) pick six on the first play. It was also why the team's attitude at the end of the game was one of frustration, rather than pride.

If it places a chip on our team's shoulder with a new sense of confidence for NC ST. Then im all for the moral victory. They played under the lights in death valley, nc st wont scare them. They played and at times ran over NFL talent, nc state wont have surprises for us on that front hopefully.

I'll take this loss for what it was, a loss. However theres more positives to acknowledge here than mtsu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom