More bad news for WVU... | Syracusefan.com

More bad news for WVU...

Glad to see the town is doing something, but that's a strange form of celebration. Maybe the town can combat it by building their own big bonfire if that is what floats people's boats. Take those couches off the porches and stack them up and torch them. I'm sure there is some centralized area in town they could do this in.

This is outrageous! This is why West Virginians buy couches in the first place and put them on their porch, in their living room they just sit on milk crates. Huge hit for the economy too - selling couches to burn is the main source of income for 20% of the residents.

This quote is priceless:

"I just can't see it putting a stop to people's desire to burn," Kookan said. "It might hide things to burn, but I feel that if I see someone burning something, I want to be a part of that."

Really!!??

This is outrageous! This is why West Virginians buy couches in the first place and put them on their porch, in their living room they just sit on milk crates. Huge hit for the economy too - selling couches to burn is the main source of income for 20% of the residents.
I agree, they risk interrupting an important economic cycle in WVa. People obtain old couches, people burn old couches, people now have no couch, people buy new (old) couch. It's an economic boost for WVa. Got to keep the economic cycle going.

Plus, think about Salvation Army in all of this. Where do you think they sell 95% of all of the old couches they receive?

What happens when they realize there are no couches to burn outside? What's the over/under on the number of people that burn down their own house in a desperate attempt to start a fire and no couch readily available (except the one in the living room)?

It's harder than you think. It gets SO complicated when your cousin is also your sister.

I'm sure all the conferences looking at them are impressed.

"I just can't see it putting a stop to people's desire to burn," Kookan said. "It might hide things to burn, but I feel that if I see someone burning something, I want to be a part of that."

Couch burning is the main reason why WVU belongs in SEC and not ACC. Just sounds something that people in the south will appreciate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom