More likely lineup change than Kadary starting over JG | Syracusefan.com

More likely lineup change than Kadary starting over JG

mikemorg

Walk On
Going forward, I think JB is going to have Buddy play the 3 a lot more. Either he changes the starting lineup to begin games this way with Kadary up top, or he gives Griffin the token start and as soon as he messes up (usually doesn’t take long), he gets yanked for Kadary.

IMO that is much more likely than Kadary starting over JG.
So encouraged by Jesse tonight. Can’t teach height. He better not be stuck to the bench as we get out rebounded crazily in ACC play.

Agreed. The logic when Waiters came off the bench was that he got to work against either tired Guards or backup Guards and could abuse them. I think that logic will apply to Kadary. I know Miami got out to a lead early today but that hasn’t been a common thing with teams this year. Many times, we get out to the early lead. That being the case, I think it makes sense to roll with Joe, Buddy, Griffin to start. Bring Kadary in as the energizer.

Going forward, I think JB is going to have Buddy play the 3 a lot more. Either he changes the starting lineup to begin games this way with Kadary up top, or he gives Griffin the token start and as soon as he messes up (usually doesn’t take long), he gets yanked for Kadary.

IMO that is much more likely than Kadary starting over JG.
So encouraged by Jesse tonight. Can’t teach height. He better not be stuck to the bench as we get out rebounded crazily in ACC play.
If JB wants another SF, he should play Woody not Buddy. Woody has a much better 3pt %, rebounds about 4x more than Buddy, plays better D, and almost has a 2:1 A:TO ratio. I think JB is toying with Buddy playing the 3 simply to find another way of keeping Buddy in the game.

And if you want to replace Griff with Buddy when Griff is playing badly, then replace Buddy when he is playing badly.

I want peace. Boeheim will be boeheim. We will live with it. He’s in charge on our behalf. Make us proud

After watching that awful 2-3 zone last night, it’s time for a change. A matchup would create a more energized group. I could have made shots with those open looks. A 2-3 against Duke makes no sense.

JB picking his starting 5.

Square_peg_round_hole--graphic_280w.jpg

Dolezaj Guerrier Buddy Kadary Ajax.
Sub griffin in for Guerrier at under 16 momentum changer.
Risk Griff and Guerrier around 10 minute mark.
Only keep girard in when down less than 12, or up.

We only have 3-3.5 offensive guys when Guerrier/Braswell get shut down at PF anyway. We would have 3.5-4 in this lineup.
Bottom line, make our defensive closeouts, recovery, steals, denial and rebounding better with Dole+Ajax for 20mpg extended zone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom