More Old Gold | Syracusefan.com

More Old Gold

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
What a thorough butt kicking, Womack was the original hurdling qb. It used to be in a way kinda sad watching these historic big wins thinking we'd never see it again, but now it's nothing short of awesome with the program's resurgence. Great fun watch. Enjoy.

What a thorough butt kicking, Womack was the original hurdling qb. It used to be in a way kinda sad watching these historic big wins thinking we'd never see it again, but now it's nothing short of awesome with the program's resurgence. Great fun watch. Enjoy.
I love the huge shoulder pads.

Opening kick return for TD by Dar Dar still gives me chills. He ran it right to me!
yep off the charts cool. Previous to this I'd only seen it in clips never in the context of the whole game which made it even cooler. Between this old game, the Nebraska game I'd never seen, looking forward to the clemson game and the general program direction I'd say the orange glass if half full.

Womack. You knew he'd be running an option play; you knew he wouldn't pitch the ball. And yet he usually gained good yardage.

I saw the title of this thread ("More Old Gold") and the first thing I thought was, "I wonder if this post is about Pitt, BC, Wake or FSU?"

I thought it was about Old Gold hundos - my father used to smoke 'em by the truckload.

Missed Florida game to stand up in friends wedding. En route from Church to reception in Limo, heard kickoff on radio. Were screaming and yelling hanging out windows. Absolutely true, not sure bride was thrilled.

yep off the charts cool. Previous to this I'd only seen it in clips never in the context of the whole game which made it even cooler. Between this old game, the Nebraska game I'd never seen, looking forward to the clemson game and the general program direction I'd say the orange glass if half full.
You weren’t at the game?

You weren’t at the game?
oh no my man was there with bells on (was referring to the dar dar run back only). After being away from the Cuse for 10 years and finding the grass was indeed NOT greener on the other side moved back the month before this game and this was intro back to all things Cuse. Never forget it, but nice to watch the whole thing again.

"And the people of Florida probably wondering how he ended up here". lol

Loved Womack and loved his role that year.