More Penn State sleaziness... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More Penn State sleaziness...

It is a national story

I wish there was evidence or witnesses that would support the claims that I’m sure did happen. Sickening. So glad for who we have running our program.

Where are the pitchforks to hold Ped State accountable here? I'd think liberals would at least be all over it.

The PSU spin on this should be interesting, curious to see how much steam this gains over the next few days. Serious accusations for sure.

PSU fans claiming this was already investigated by police and an independent group and cleared. Now it’s a civil trial which is why it’s being reported.

While I don’t doubt this is true... that is a lot of detail to make up. If there are no other victims or witnesses I bet they get off clean.

I loathe Penn State over the Sandusky cover-up with the burning hatred of 1000 suns.

So I can't believe that I am going to say this -- but as scandalous as all of this sounds, it is only one side of the story. I'm hoping that this is embellished, because if it isn't -- it is a scathing indictment of the culture, program, and Franklin. It is almost too sensational to be believed.

I loathe Penn State over the Sandusky cover-up with the burning hatred of 1000 suns.

So I can't believe that I am going to say this -- but as scandalous as all of this sounds, it is only one side of the story. I'm hoping that this is embellished, because if it isn't -- it is a scathing indictment of the culture, program, and Franklin. It is almost too sensational to be believed.
I feel like it’s so sensational it has to be true... if you are going to lie why take it that far? I Reread the ESPN article. This whole thing started with an anonymous tip from someone other than the accuser here.

if the article above is correct, there better be charges brought against the players who committed assault and against anyone who was complicit by not reporting it.
Title IX issues, seems to me.

FIFY

Yeah, non-white hazing is never covered nationally.

Back on topic, why any coach permits hazing in his program is utterly beyond me. It is destructive and corrosive, and often illegal. There are roughly a million better ways to bond than hazing.

I'm interested to see how PSU fans defend this.
I know a lot of them and for the most part they really don't like Franklin and most wanted him gone before Moorehead came in and saved him.

In my opinion, the Sandusky scandal is the worst in NCAA history. Worse than paying players. Worse than fake classes. Worse than point-shaving. In response, PSU got a relative slap-on-the-wrist. After a couple down years, they reloaded with talent and re-established the whole brand as if nothing happened.

I used to wonder why so many talented kids (with their parents' blessing) flocked to such a scummy situation. I thought it was just about winning, getting to the NFL, or the old Penn State "mystique". Maybe they were willing to look past this sleaze because of the personal benefits. However, a story like this - if true - tells me these players aren't simply looking past it. They're going there BECAUSE of it. They must be morally bankrupt themselves and sought out and found the perfect place to enable it.

I have no problem broad-brushing. If some of these players are so-called good kids who just wanna play football, but do nothing about what they see around them, they are morally bankrupt too.
I actually wonder if it's one of the most insidious scandals of any institution in America. Not just NCAA.

if the article above is correct, there better be charges brought against the players who committed assault and against anyone who was complicit by not reporting it.

From what I have pieced through this was already looked into- if you read through the comments some PSU nut spoke to it and apparently this is why it is merely civil. All in all that excuses none of it and anything short of aggressive action by the university is not an appropriate response.

I'm interested to see how PSU fans defend this.
I know a lot of them and for the most part they really don't like Franklin and most wanted him gone before Moorehead came in and saved him.

Same here, many friends that went there and a couple who even work there now. Growing up if you were anywhere but maybe Pitt- everybody is a PSU football nut. It is just flat out sickening how blinded the PSU community is when it comes to this.

Shocking.
"In addition, Penn State police investigated related allegations and forwarded the results of that investigation to the Office of the Centre County District Attorney. The DA reviewed the case and decided that no charges would be pursued."

I feel like it’s so sensational it has to be true... if you are going to lie why take it that far? I Reread the ESPN article. This whole thing started with an anonymous tip from someone other than the accuser here.

Let's be honest, an internal investigation by PSU and Happy Valley police was likely over before it started.

They knew what outcome they were going to go with.

If this story is true and IF anonymous sources can be confirmed by national media reporters, they are screwed.

The allegations here are so scandalous, that if true, I don't see how they keep a lid on it. There will be appalled witnesses that come forward... and if it's corroborated, at least they are kinda good at basketball now...

One thing is for sure, there are national reporters on planes en route to Happy Valley right now, assuredly.

Last edited: