More Penn State sleaziness... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

More Penn State sleaziness...

When “Sandusky” becomes a verb, at PSU of all places, there is a blatant disregard for all that has happened, all the innocent victims, and a telltale sign of a football culture complicit with all past sins. They have learned nothing, they don’t care to learn, and they are unapologetic in flaunting their ignorance and perceived impunity to any rule or law.
Color me apoplectic:mad:!

When “Sandusky” becomes a verb, at PSU of all places, there is a blatant disregard for all that has happened, all the innocent victims, and a telltale sign of a football culture complicit with all past sins. They have learned nothing, they don’t care to learn, and they are unapologetic in flaunting their ignorance and perceived impunity to any rule or law.
Color me apoplectic:mad:!

Kids keep choosing to play there, despite having, at minimum, a superficial understanding of what occurred. Why would we expect them not to toss the name around without any recognition of how disgusting his behavior was, and how morally bereft the leadership at PSU is (and their legions of die-hard fans)?

"He claims his alleged tormenters would wrestle victims to the ground, then shove their genitals in the victims’ faces or between their buttocks and hump them."

Buttocks, not to confused with Happy Valleys.

Wow only in Cow town. Sick

If this is proven true, the NCAA needs to hammer Penn State. They knew the allegations against Franklin during his time at Vanderbilt and hired him anyway. Franklin should never be allowed to coach again, unless it's professionally

It would be fun to have the accusers also file a lawsuit against the NCAA for not doing enough to protect future players knowing PSU had a history of coverups. It wouldn’t go anywhere but it doesn’t need to to draw attention to the NCAA slap on the wrist.

burn it down

CslWzwdUEAAV3Pp.jpg

Pedo St fans are total POSs

I just went to their SB nation page and not only is there no "official" story about this, but the fanpost begins with a bunch of "people" either downplaying or doubting the report. didn't read further as I dont want to actually puke.

Death penalty is too good for them

Cant wait to see this through as handled the same as if it were a Nationally recognized fraternity

Surprise, at least on my ESPN app it’s not longer one of the main news stories

Penn State officials said the university’s Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response and the Office of Student Conduct, which are both independent of the athletic department, and Penn State police investigated Humphries’ allegations. Their findings were forwarded to the Office of the Centre County District Attorney, which “reviewed the case and decided that no charges would be pursued.”

Why, that kind of clears everyone. Who would imagine that the Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response and the Office of Student Conduct, as well as PSU police would not fully investigate the activities of the football team? [Heavy Sarcasm Font]

Seriously, PSU has failed repeatedly to prove they are credible. That along warrants a real investigation by the Feds. Nobody knows anything, just like Schiano, and JoePa, and, well, everyone at PSU! Even if the complaints are a farce, PSU should know to have a disinterested third party perform an investigation of charges of this type. Why risk the cover-up and associated allegations, invite a real law enforcement investigation and let the chips fall where they may.

Sadly, the JoePa cult showed up in the comments to this article. Ridiculously supporting PSU and discrediting the former player.

While PSU deserves the death penalty from the Sandusky actions, you would think that the Big Ten would want to axe them just to get away from the stench of the program. (and they could jettison Rutgers at the same time!)

Happy Valley = Willful ignorance. Three decades of letting kids be abused because they were afraid JoePa could not find another DC. Now they simply ignore the hazing which has been extended for another six years.

Can we send PSU to North Korea? Or would that ne excessively cruel to North Korea?

:p As soon as I saw this story as a headline on ESPN's site, I immediately thought, I cannot wait to see what they're saying about this on Syracusefan! I have to keep my distaste for Penn State's football institution in check around Nittany Lions roaming the coast of South Carolina but I'd love to wake up one day to see that toxic waste ironically referred to as "Happy Valley" shut down and removed permanently. Outside of dumpster diving for some Rutgirls' news or picking up the occasional Connecticut football bone thrown into the yard on here, I'm always entertained by (and usually in agreement with) your posters' opinions of the Fighting Sanduskys' ongoing struggles to maintain any type of remorse for the actions of coaches, fans, and administrators who turn(ed) a blind eye to absolutely disgusting behavior...

Last edited:
I actually wonder if it's one of the most insidious scandals of any institution in America. Not just NCAA.

The michigan state doctor abusing all the female gymnasts is no picnic either but the PSU one feels worse somehow in that it just has the feel of something a lot of people sort of knew about but didn't quite put a stop to.

I actually wonder if it's one of the most insidious scandals of any institution in America. Not just NCAA.

The Catholic Church is much worse and long lasting; but PSU and Sandusky are in the running for #2. Michigan State is u; there, too.

The michigan state doctor abusing all the female gymnasts is no picnic either but the PSU one feels worse somehow in that it just has the feel of something a lot of people sort of knew about but didn't quite put a stop to.
The difference is the level of denial exhibited by the Penn State community. They continue to deify Paterno and, at the worst, consider the Sandusky crimes as an isolated and limited occurrence.

The Catholic Church is much worse and long lasting; but PSU and Sandusky are in the running for #2. Michigan State is u; there, too.
The Catholic Church scandals weren't exclusive to the US though, right?

From what I have pieced through this was already looked into- if you read through the comments some PSU nut spoke to it and apparently this is why it is merely civil. All in all that excuses none of it and anything short of aggressive action by the university is not an appropriate response.
Yeah the comment about the accuser sending a thank you letter on departure, etc

You’re all whistling past the graveyard.

That institution is untouchable.

True. If Penn State football were to be shut down, the state college economy would be dead in 5 years.

True. If Penn State football were to be shut down, the state college economy would be dead in 5 years.
Doubtful
They have 19 branch campuses. The main campus plus Dickinson Law School.
The athletic department is only making around $4-5 million a year and they don't share that money with the school at all.
Also our 'state colleges' are not tied in with Penn St, they are all separate from them and share a pool of money now that they are generating.
End of the day F PSU

Doubtful
They have 19 branch campuses. The main campus plus Dickinson Law School.
The athletic department is only making around $4-5 million a year and they don't share that money with the school at all.
Also our 'state colleges' are not tied in with Penn St, they are all separate from them and share a pool of money now that they are generating.
End of the day F PSU

As a marketing tool the PSU football program has a huge impact on prospective students. Especially those from the northeast. I wouldnt be surprised if the overall student population took a hit if the football program got the death penalty. At the very least they would spend millions more marketing $$$.