More reviews from Devo & Roberts... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More reviews from Devo & Roberts...

Most intriguing: Roberts claiming that Battle has a post game.

When's the last time we've had a guard who could play with his back to the basket? I truly can't remember. Edelin?
Edeline probably, although we saw both MCW and Triche posterize Crean's midgets in the sweet 16.

MCW tortured Indiana with a post game in the NCAA's.

Between that, and the fact that Crean apparently didn't get the memo that we'd be playing a 2-3 zone D all game ;), they pretty much had no chance.

MCW was way to tall and long for them to handle and Triche was way to strong. They were clearly over-matched. They looked like middle schoolers against our backcourt.

Between that, and the fact that Crean apparently didn't get the memo that we'd be playing a 2-3 zone D all game ;), they pretty much had no chance.

He actually shot well from outside that day, unusual game for him - no assists, made half his threes, totally abused Yogi and the other little guy by working over them. Not a guy with post skills, though.

MCW was way to tall and long for them to handle and Triche was way to strong. They were clearly over-matched. They looked like middle schoolers against our backcourt.

I don't think I've ever seen a game where BOTH opposing starting guards were held to ZERO points apiece.

Indiana was so poorly prepared for that game. It was even sweeter that they were a #1 seed. Their arrogant fans in DC that day had no idea what hit them.

I don't think I've ever seen a game where BOTH opposing starting guards were held to ZERO points apiece.

Indiana was so poorly prepared for that game. It was even sweeter that they were a #1 seed. Their arrogant fans in DC that day had no idea what hit them.

That's exactly what it was, preparation. We played hard and they played hard. Difference is, we knew what we were doing and they had no clue.

Looking back on it, the game was kind of a slop-fest. But so much fun. We had a huge advantage in that match-up and a lot of their fans didn't see it coming.

Indiana was overrated and we were underrated. That late season swoon cost us a couple of seed lines. Really I think both teams were closer to two's. The Big East was so stacked that year.

MCW/Triche might be the worst shooting backcourt we have ever had, but they certainly played awesome Defense and were great going to the basket.

Crean must've watched the Lemoyne game.

That was one of my favorite games. They were so arrogant coming in and Indiana was so ill-prepared they might as well have been a High School team.

That was one of my favorite games. They were so arrogant coming in and Indiana was so ill-prepared they might as well have been a High School team.

And all the anal-lysts predicted we would lose. We busted like 96% of the brackets with that game.

Ab. So. Lutely. Although this board has him as the 4th guard off the bench.

Because they think White will play up top on defense, which may happen but in very limited amounts IMO.

Last year they raved about Lydon - and they were right.

But we still need to see how Lydon responds to being the #1 option - and the #1 target of the defense.

Last year they raved about Lydon - and they were right.

But we still need to see how Lydon responds to being the #1 option - and the #1 target of the defense.

Battle is going to be terrific for us.

One thing to note: Roberts is possibly the lowest basketball IQ guy we've had in the past 10 years outside of Paul Harris and Fab Melo. I've seen nothing in TBT game action to suggest that has changed. I love the guy and yes he was right about Lydon. But outside of that, his (and Devo's) opinions are just fun fodder, not much more.

Was it the Gonzaga game where Lydon was visibly angry and used that anger to destroy their faces? Hope that's the Lydon we get all season.

One thing to note: Roberts is possibly the lowest basketball IQ guy we've had in the past 10 years outside of Paul Harris and Fab Melo. I've seen nothing in TBT game action to suggest that has changed. I love the guy and yes he was right about Lydon. But outside of that, his (and Devo's) opinions are just fun fodder, not much more.

I was thinking about this when I read the article.

But it was more like 'Wow, it's easy to forget how much all these guys know about the game.'

Your observation shows just how wide the chasm is between understanding the game and putting that knowledge into practice on the court. Even the kids who we think are hoops-dumb actually know a ton about basketball.

Was it the Gonzaga game where Lydon was visibly angry and used that anger to destroy their faces? Hope that's the Lydon we get all season.

No that was when the Emperor taunted him about his friends getting zapped by the second death star.