More schools tap into alcohol as a revenue stream | Syracusefan.com

More schools tap into alcohol as a revenue stream

Yep big $$$$ in alcohol sales at college football games. I know both UNC and NC St will begin beer sales at football games this year (not sure about Duke). I know a lot of State season ticket holders not happy about this as Carter Finley would allow exit and re-entry at halftime. 2/3 of the stadium would run out at halftime to drink a few beers and come back in midway thru the 3rd qtr. I believe they are doing away with the exit/re-entry policy which was a big deal for sth's with parking pass right near carter Finley.

If you look at what states are doing Gambling,Weed... all the stuff they fought against 20 years ago . Why not ?

Once again we've proven to be ahead of our time. I remember the milk cartons of Schlitz in Archbold in the 70's!

Leaving at halftime and coming back is a great tradition at other schools who werent like us. Massive lines will not be more popular. Our new no rentry policy sucks. It's College get over yourself and stop thinking and acting like you are the pros your supposed to be 1 step short of Nascar where you can bring in a cooler and roam the garages/sidelines for accessibility.

The one beer tent I saw at BC had a line nearly 50% of the way around the concourse. Gonna be a mess at some bigger schools.

Eventually they'll all be like the Dome and reasonably quick when utilizing common sense.

Honestly I think the attendence nose dove is gonna get bad. At big schools your seats are trash if you dont donate 5 figures and so is your parking. Why go through the hassle when TV is outstanding?