Most Critical Win For the Season? | Syracusefan.com

Most Critical Win For the Season?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Obviously all wins were important but...

My nominee is Pittsburgh...not sure we could've recovered if we lost that game. Imagine being 1-5 coming out of the Rutgirls game.

Most hurtful loss nominee was Northwestern...put us in the hole early.

Hopefully Cuse/ACC survive the current challenge...the league needs to start thinking like a Football league.

I suggest the 12th weekend (Nov 17th games this year) that the ACC allows teams like GTech, FSU and Clemson to schedule an easy OOC opponent (1AA or MAC/CUSA) before their big rivals games.

Why did we play Clemson/FSU so early in the season? Figure out who is projected to have great seasons and schedule them late in the season to play. Rather have two undefeated teams going into to a game against each other in November than early September.

Hold the Conference Championship game at the home field of the highest ranked team to ensure a big crowd.

The ACC needs to have more geographic/rival sensible divisions...the current ones are not good.

Obviously all wins were important but...

My nominee is Pittsburgh...not sure we could've recovered if we lost that game. Imagine being 1-5 coming out of the Rutgirls game.

Most hurtful loss nominee was Northwestern...put us in the hole early.

Hopefully Cuse/ACC survive the current challenge...the league needs to start thinking like a Football league.

I suggest the 12th weekend (Nov 17th games this year) that the ACC allows teams like GTech, FSU and Clemson to schedule an easy OOC opponent (1AA or MAC/CUSA) before their big rivals games.

Why did we play Clemson/FSU so early in the season? Figure out who is projected to have great seasons and schedule them late in the season to play. Rather have two undefeated teams going into to a game against each other in November than early September.

Hold the Conference Championship game at the home field of the highest ranked team to ensure a big crowd.

The ACC needs to have more geographic/rival sensible divisions...the current ones are not good.
Are those Oswego State colors on that hurdler?

Oh, btw, good post.

NW was worst loss largely because we had it won even with really egregious errors.
I think you ard spot on with Pitt as well. My second choice would be USF.

UCONN. The most complete, one-sided victory of the Marrone era up to that point.

i pick Pitt and Minn. NW was a fun and wild game. With Minn we had 2 losses and dearly needed to avoid 0-2 against Big 10 and laid a major stinker

I'd say Rutty as the most hurtful ... Team was at a low after that loss. And if we'd won we would be have the Big East title locked up right now.

Pitt stopped the bleeding so that has to be the most critical. Most hurtful loss was Minny because they stink. Really the only What game. The other 4 Ls were all to worthy opposition. The way we lost to NW hurt but there is no shame in losing to them. Plus losing to Minny really put us in a huge whole.

Critical win I would say USF.

Critical loss is Rutgers - we had that game and would be conference champions.

ACC needs to get ND into the fold or lock up the other schools that will appease the football powers and maintain the integrity of the league.

Agree with putting the conference championship on campus. Love the idea.

Missouri was the win that made the biggest statement, both in terms of a game on a national level, and especially how well the team played at the end. I'm not sure how you define a critical game, but we beat an SEC team at their place when both were playing for a bowl, and beat them with a drive that culminated in a touchdown with 20 seconds remaining. That game elevated us to a step above average. Therefore, I vote Missouri.

Rutgers wounded me. That was a critical game and we let it get away.

Missouri was the win that made the biggest statement, both in terms of a game on a national level, and especially how well the team played at the end. I'm not sure how you define a critical game, but we beat an SEC team at their place when both were playing for a bowl, and beat them with a drive that culminated in a touchdown with 20 seconds remaining. That game elevated us to a step above average. Therefore, I vote Missouri.

Rutgers wounded me. That was a critical game and we let it get away.
Agreed with Mizzou. Huge statement game that was pushed to the wayside with all the other upsets that weekend. It's a shame. Had chalk prevailed, SU would have been the big headline that weekend.