Most embarrassing stat I've ever seen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most embarrassing stat I've ever seen

well TT was always defensive liability. maybe we could hide that on the wing.

I agree but JB needs to make adjustments.
Maybe recruit some shooting at the expense of length for the zone.
We can’t recruit exclusively for the zone unless the players can score.
Someone still has to get those shooters the ball in a position to score. Battle can shoot. Howard can shoot. But we don't have anyone with playmaking skills or savvy to get them the ball when they aren't well-defended. When we pass the ball, it's not for any purpose other than to get it to the person who is then going to go one on one/two/three. Meanwhile, other teams are going in and out, snapping a few passes, and after our zone is scrambling to recover because the 'ball is faster than the man,' some schnook is open for an open shot.

I think there was a thread a little while back where a majority of posters said they are happy Taurean Thompson is gone.

LOL
An answer out of spite isn't always an honest answer.

well TT was always defensive liability. maybe we could hide that on the wing.

I liked healthy Sidibe in November more as an overall player than Thompson. No, he can’t face and shoot like Thompson, but he showed some scoring ability inside, defensive potential(something TT didn’t show) and good shot selection. He had the look of a guy who would be a rock solid two way center IMO. Hopefully he can get healthy and progress his game.

what sidibe needs is rest to heal and he ain't gonna see that. this will be chronic i'm afraid this season.

I honestly would have preferred seeing JB step aside for Hop. After over 50 years of living and dieing with this team, I am quickly losing interest.

It's weird I'm struggling as well to keep the level of interest up - and yet I'm watching just as much college basketball (if not more than normal).

When I stopped watching the Chargers as much, I pretty much stopped watching the NFL.

What I started watching less 76ers games, I pretty much stopped watching the NBA. Although they won me back after a bit. :)

Yet, with this, I'm struggling to get upset if I can't find an online stream of the game. It genuinely makes me sad that I'm not more upset as I used to lose my mind trying to find broadcasts. We're so god awful to watch play basketball. I used to love making fun of the awful Big 10 games...we don't even play basketball on that appealing of a level any more. :( It's just ugly, ugly, ugly hoops 87.3739% of the time. :)

Three total assists by SU in the ballgame. Three! UVA had 15.

Are we even a basketball team? Or just a bunch of guys playing pickup?

Post Wake presser: “We don’t get assists...we dribble drive and try to score that way.”

I'm convinced he meant that our offense isn't good and won't generate assists. But maybe not?????

44cuse

Someone still has to get those shooters the ball in a position to score. Battle can shoot. Howard can shoot. But we don't have anyone with playmaking skills or savvy to get them the ball when they aren't well-defended. When we pass the ball, it's not for any purpose other than to get it to the person who is then going to go one on one/two/three. Meanwhile, other teams are going in and out, snapping a few passes, and after our zone is scrambling to recover because the 'ball is faster than the man,' some schnook is open for an open shot.
Zone defenses are forced to scramble. Solid man-to-man defenses do not have to scramble. We actually out shot UVA tonight, 38.3% to 37.7%. UVA only shot 33.3% on 3-pointers, although I thought it was about 80% in the 2nd half. Killed us at the FT line 19-9. Statistically not a bad defensive performance.

Folks, our inability to run an offense isn’t something new. It’s just magnified by the fact we’re trying to play basketball with only three players actually capable of scoring.
If the offense relies on talent to be good what is the point of having a coach?
Most college basketball teams 3 or 4 on 5 offensively. They just pass the ball and look for good shots.

At least we’re not in the midst of an 0-36 ACC run though, lol.

We’ll be back. We all knew this was going to be a rough year.

You're correct. However, it has been more than just a "rough year." It appears, at best, we are yet again a bubble team and it's taking its toll a bit. If we fail to make the tourney again this year, it'll be 3 out of the last 4. Yes, I'm well aware we went to the Final Four the one year in there we made it, I was there in Houston, and the run was incredible. But even then, most thought we were out after losing to a mediocre Pitt team for the 3rd time that season, miraculously we got in...as a 10 seed, a 10 seed.

Even though I've tried to prepare myself mentally for this horror show of a season, I find myself still having to cover my eyes for the frequent scary scenes, even though I've seen this same flick over and over and over... :(

If the offense relies on talent to be good what is the point of having a coach?
Most college basketball teams 3 or 4 on 5 offensively. They just pass the ball and look for good shots.

I give you permission to run with this thought. I said my piece.

But he could receive passes and finish well around the rim. And wouldn't have many 4-178 games from the field like other players.
Offense I agree with you. But his lack of defense and his attitude more than offset that.

You're correct. However, it has been more than just a "rough year." It appears, at best, we are yet again a bubble team and it's taking its toll a bit. If we fail to make the tourney again this year, it'll be 3 out of the last 4. Yes, I'm well aware we went to the Final Four the one year in there we made it, I was there in Houston, and the run was incredible. But even then, most thought we were out after losing to a mediocre Pitt team for the 3rd time that season, miraculously we got in...as a 10 seed, a 10 seed.

Even though I've tried to prepare myself mentally for this horror show of a season, I find myself still having to cover my eyes for the frequent scary scenes, even though I've seen this same flick over and over and over... :(

Probably the worst 4 year stretch of SU b-ball in most of our lives, coming on the heels of one of the best 6 year stretches of SU b-ball in school history. Probation did what it was supposed to. I think we’ll finally be well-stocked again starting next year.

Also, I’ll be thrilled if this team is anywhere near the bubble. I don’t see it. Just can’t score enough and I don’t see a potential answer to that problem this year.

Probably the worst 4 year stretch of SU b-ball in most of our lives, coming on the heels of one of the best 6 year stretches of SU b-ball in school history. Probation did what it was supposed to. I think we’ll finally be well-stocked again starting next year.

Also, I’ll be thrilled if this team is anywhere near the bubble. I don’t see it. Just can’t score enough and I don’t see a potential answer to that problem this year.
I still can’t believe our non-conference record. I was worried about finishing above 500 on the season.

what sidibe needs is rest to heal and he ain't gonna see that. this will be chronic i'm afraid this season.
I don't disagree but how can he get any rest when we are in the middle of 2 to 3 ACC games a week with only 7 more weeks to go in the season? Hopefully the schedule burp with one week off coming up might give him some relief.

Just looking over the box score and we actually lost this game at the free throw line. UVA was 19/22 and we were 9/11. Assume we just got taken to the woodshed simply for being the visitor. Through out the game it seemed like rough play at our end was play on, UVA is a tough defensive team but we got whistled on the other end. Not complaining about the refereeing just sitting back at the end and feeling like it was a bit one sided.

The SU women are 45th nationally in assists and the SU men are 295th. Maybe we should hire Coach Q as a consultant to help our coaches do their job.

I think there was a thread a little while back where a majority of posters said they are happy Taurean Thompson is gone.

LOL
Still somewhat ok with Oshae Brissett being thrown into the fire. Let the boy die and the man be born.

3 assists is not good. But we have no Bigs who excel at rolling to the hoop, catching and finishing. ...

I'd like to see repeated evidence of that before I write off that option.

What I see now is Chukwu rolling to the rim and Battle and Howard (like Ennis and Joseph and Gbinije and Gillon before them) not even looking in his direction when the big defender hedges the screen.

If our guard tried to make that pass and it kept rattling off Chukwu's hands, or he traveled a lot, or he blew every dunk he tried, I'd agree that it's not an option. But right now I'd love to see us just attempt the simple pick-and-roll that was an integral part of the simple Boeheim offense up until four or five years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom