Most emotional sports moments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most emotional sports moments

Brandon Roy catching fire and leading the Blazers back from down 23 points against the eventual champion Mavericks.

Roy was a great player who was basically shot due to terrible knees by this point. Only played 47 games and averaged 12 ppg. He was a shell of himself, and had to retire at age 27 after this season.

Somehow he was able to rewind the clock and find one last great performance. It was amazing to watch. His teammates all patting him on the head after got to me.

The final minutes of Kobe’s last game. Yeah, he just jacked shots all game, and yeah the refs swallowed their whistles a few times at the end, but….damned if Kobe didn’t suddenly catch fire and hit every big shot and win the game at the end. I was up until 2 AM going wild like it was a finals game. Hard to believe that 4 years later he was gone.

Also Dr. J’s final game - a playoff loss in Milwaukee and the ovation he got on the road. The way he palmed the ball and held it to the crowd while leaving was just the best.

In terms of happy emotions...

Syracuse winning the title in 2003
Syracuse beating Virginia in 2016
Syracuse beating Clemson in 2017
The Bengals beating the Ravens in 2017, giving Buffalo the playoff berth

Cuse coming back against UVA in march madness was a rollercoaster of emotion.

Jeter’s last hit, and I’m not a yankees fan. Just a lover of baseball.

Onuaku in the lockerroom following the Butler loss

Scoop Jardine’s farewell interview. At the time I felt like I’d give a limb for that team to have won it all.

Roy Halladay’s death was tough.

Eric Dungey’s first down to pretty much solidify the win against Clemson. Realizing we won was a happier moment of my life.

Tyree’s helmet catch.

Piazza’s home run after 9/11

Bush’s first pitch after 9/11

Sox down 3 games to Yankees and come back. That was the pinnacle of modern baseball.

Cuse coming back against UVA in march madness was a rollercoaster of emotion.

Jeter’s last hit, and I’m not a yankees fan. Just a lover of baseball.

Onuaku in the lockerroom following the Butler loss

Scoop Jardine’s farewell interview. At the time I felt like I’d give a limb for that team to have won it all.

Roy Halladay’s death was tough.

Eric Dungey’s first down to pretty much solidify the win against Clemson. Realizing we won was a happier moment of my life.

Tyree’s helmet catch.

Piazza’s home run after 9/11

Bush’s first pitch after 9/11

Sox down 3 games to Yankees and come back. That was the pinnacle of modern baseball.
What do you consider modern baseball? Personally, I'd put Gibson's homerun as a much better moment. The Sox being down 3 games to the Yanks and coming back took place over a week.

Everyone has their own personal favorites though, so it's cool.

Brandon Roy catching fire and leading the Blazers back from down 23 points against the eventual champion Mavericks.

Roy was a great player who was basically shot due to terrible knees by this point. Only played 47 games and averaged 12 ppg. He was a shell of himself, and had to retire at age 27 after this season.

Somehow he was able to rewind the clock and find one last great performance. It was amazing to watch. His teammates all patting him on the head after got to me.

Crazy how Terry had a shot to win that, what a play by Kidd. Also that score.

Roy is definitely top 10 ever in terms of injury derailing his career. 3x AS by 25. He was very good, and unfortunately forgotten to an extent.

What do you consider modern baseball? Personally, I'd put Gibson's homerun as a much better moment. The Sox being down 3 games to the Yanks and coming back took place over a week.

Everyone has their own personal favorites though, so it's cool.
Past 30 years probably

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom