Most Hated Programs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most Hated Programs

SUFaninNJ said:
Cortland Penn State Georgetown Rutgers Miami

Cortland? You an Ithaca grad?

GT: Paul Johnson is filthy with his knee hunting oline and he gets away with it.

NCST: They and their coach have really have come to annoy me the last 2-4 years

Ped St. : Didn't like them before Franklin and now Franklin has brought my hate to an entirely new level. His players hate him. Used car salesman.

Rutgers: we all know why.

OSU: Urban is a flake, was at florida, the semi retirement for health and wanting to be with the family, lol. Their fans suck.

Ish88888 said:
GT: Paul Johnson is filthy with his knee hunting oline and he gets away with it. NCST: They and their coach have really have come to annoy me the last 2-4 years Ped St. : Didn't like them before Franklin and now Franklin has brought my hate to an entirely new level. His players hate him. Used car salesman. Rutgers: we all know why. OSU: Urban is a flake, was at florida, the semi retirement for health and wanting to be with the family, lol. Their fans suck.

NC State is starting to rise up the list. Something about them and Doreen.

Hate and relevant:
*PSU
*WVU
*Clemson
*Georgetown
*UConn (basketball)
*JHU (lax)
*Tennessee

Hate and irrelevant:
*UConn (football)
*Rutgers
*Wake Forest
*North Carolina State
*Dartmouth
*Penn

Dislike (but wouldn't mind playing)
*USCalifornia
*Northwestern
*Stanford

Respect:
*BC
*Pitt
*Cornell (lax)
*Wisconsin
*Maryland (I did like the school for leaving the ACC and I dislike the T-shirt fans for being WVU light, but all the UMD alumni that I know are good people)
*UVA (mainly lax)
*Princeton (mainly lax)
*Villanova
*Marquette
*Miami
*Michigan State
*Auburn
*Houston
*Tulsa

Schools that I am sick of hearing about:
*Notre Dame
*Texas
*Texas A&M
*Ohio State
*Michigan
*UNC
*Duke
*FSU - They're good and have a lot of great fans. However, they have enough bad fans to ruin it for me.
*Oregon
*Harvard

Non-SU schools that I like:
*UCLA
*Washington
*Vanderbilt
*Tulane
*Rice
*Oklahoma State
*Furman
*Wofford

Everyone else is varying degrees of "eh"

Hate and irrelevant:
*UConn (football)
*Rutgers
*Wake Forest
*North Carolina State
*Dartmouth
*Penn

curious about Wake Forest. I'd put them in the "eh" category

Dave Clawson said a few obnoxious things about us that probably got them added to some people's lists. I don't really remember the details of what he said though.

Perhaps because no matter how many times we beat them, they are a "program on the rise" while we are the program in shambles. Some mind boggling perceptions out there.

Hate and relevant:
*PSU
*WVU
*Clemson
*Georgetown
*UConn (basketball)
*JHU (lax)
*Tennessee

Hate and irrelevant:
*UConn (football)
*Rutgers
*Wake Forest
*North Carolina State
*Dartmouth
*Penn

*USCalifornia
*Northwestern
*Stanford

Respect:
*BC
*Pitt
*Cornell (lax)
*Wisconsin
*Maryland (I did like the school for leaving the ACC and I dislike the T-shirt fans for being WVU light, but all the UMD alumni that I know are good people)
*UVA (mainly lax)
*Princeton (mainly lax)
*Villanova
*Marquette
*Miami
*Michigan State
*Auburn
*Houston
*Tulsa

*Notre Dame
*Texas
*Texas A&M
*Ohio State
*Michigan
*UNC
*Duke
*FSU - They're good and have a lot of great fans. However, they have enough bad fans to ruin it for me.
*Oregon
*Harvard

*UCLA
*Washington
*Vanderbilt
*Tulane
*Rice
*Oklahoma State
*Furman
*Wofford

You have put a lot of thought into it.

Since this is the football board... I got to SU right as the Big East football conference launched, and the combo of us being good and playing good programs regularly spawned a lot of hate.

VaTech (because Beamer built his program on reprobates and lollipop sticks)

Miami (the best college football villains ever back in the day)

BC (For Boston, For Boston, the outhouse on the hill)

West Virginia (Marvin Graves says hello)

Since the BEFC broke up I don't really have any programs I *hate*. We basically don't play half the damn ACC so hating VaTech and Miami is kind of pointless.

Hopefully we get good again. I could see hating Clemson and FSU someday if we get good again and beat them occasionally.

NOTRE DAME. constantly overranked and too good apparently to join any conference even when they leech off that conference to create success in all their other programs. any conference commish with any balls would tell the irish once and for all "either you're all in or get the out!"

Last edited:
UConn
Rutgers
SEC

I would say SEC too but LSU has always been a favorite of mine. Think they are one of the more likable sec squads. Seeing them in the dome last year was amazing, of we could only somehow get Michigan in the dome too!:)

What strikes me about this thread is the lack of a rival Syracuse has in football for all of us to universally hate.

I hate Minnesota, but it is because I graduated from its biggest rival, Wisconsin. I only spent one year at Miami, but it was enough to make me hate FSU.

My time at SU predated the ACC raid. Still, I never felt we had a hated rival during that time. After the break-up, I did notice that my hated for UConn in basketball started to seep into football as well. Since our move to the ACC, however, I could not care less about UConn. Hopefully over time SU can find a rival that the fanbase can all hate and make threads like this a foregone conclusion.

That being said, I also hate ND for the same reasons raised by others here. I also hate the SEC as I feel it is dirty and its success is based on shady deals and cheating.

Hate and relevant:
*PSU
*WVU
*Clemson
*Georgetown
*UConn (basketball)
*JHU (lax)
*Tennessee

Hate and irrelevant:
*UConn (football)
*Rutgers
*Wake Forest
*North Carolina State
*Dartmouth
*Penn

*USCalifornia
*Northwestern
*Stanford

Respect:
*BC
*Pitt
*Cornell (lax)
*Wisconsin
*UVA (mainly lax)
*Princeton (mainly lax)
*Villanova
*Marquette
*Miami
*Michigan State
*Auburn
*Houston
*Tulsa

*Notre Dame
*Texas
*Texas A&M
*Ohio State
*Michigan
*UNC
*Duke
*Oregon
*Harvard

*UCLA
*Washington
*Vanderbilt
*Tulane
*Rice
*Oklahoma State
*Furman
*Wofford

Tell us how you really feel...

Makes me sad to see Rutgers on so many list. That is how far SU has fallen in football relevance especially with the younger crowd as they don't realize how good SU use to be in football. Playing Rutgers use to be like playing Colgate today. I use to get upset if we didn't score at least 50 on them.

Makes me sad to see Rutgers on so many list. That is how far SU has fallen in football relevance especially with the younger crowd as they don't realize how good SU use to be in football. Playing Rutgers use to be like playing Colgate today. I use to get upset if we didn't score at least 50 on them.
Those days may be coming back.

I hate Rutgers more because I live in New Jersey now and have seen their fan base and the scarlet letter upclose and personal much too often. I'm sure if I was still in Atlanta I wouldn't care about them at all.

NOTRE DAME. constantly overranked and too good apparently to join any conference even when they leech off that conference to create success in all their other programs. any conference commish with any balls would tell the irish once and for all "either you're all in or get the out!"

There must not be many of those commissioners since the Big 12 discussed partial membership and the Big East, ACC and now even the Big Ten have actually granted it.