Most important player(s) this week. | Syracusefan.com

Most important player(s) this week.

GoSU96

Living Legend
1. OL - SU should have a comparative advantage here. Rutgers is starting a true and redshirt freshman in just their second game on the right side. SU's line has to outperform Rutgers.

2. Nassib - for SU to win he has to carry the team. He might have to take more chances and he can't leave points on the field this week, but at the sametime he can't throw more than one INT, and if he does, it can't lead to a short field possession for Rutgers.

3. Fisher - Rutgers has not shown the ability yet to drive the field, one 70yd+ TD drive in 3 games, or consistently generate explosive plays, 8 total 20+yd plays in 3 games. He has to get his kicks off, no blocks, and he has to give them the ball inside the 20.

Deny Rutgers short field/gift points and SU can win.

Turnovers and blocked kicks. Has been the key tio Rutgers since Schiano has been there.

Ball has to do a better job on the edge for field goals as well..

To me its Shamarko we have to get him on the field even if hes not 100% if he can go we need to let him play. T0tally changes the secondary.

To me its Shamarko we have to get him on the field even if hes not 100% if he can go we need to let him play. T0tally changes the secondary.
For me the key guy is Chandler...he is the guy that can drive to the QB and draw a couple big holding calls against a questionable OLine. withhout him i dont think we can get pressure and blitz packages havent had much success this year

1. OL - SU should have a comparative advantage here. Rutgers is starting a true and redshirt freshman in just their second game on the right side. SU's line has to outperform Rutgers.

2. Nassib - for SU to win he has to carry the team. He might have to take more chances and he can't leave points on the field this week, but at the sametime he can't throw more than one INT, and if he does, it can't lead to a short field possession for Rutgers.

3. Fisher - Rutgers has not shown the ability yet to drive the field, one 70yd+ TD drive in 3 games, or consistently generate explosive plays, 8 total 20+yd plays in 3 games. He has to get his kicks off, no blocks, and he has to give them the ball inside the 20.

Deny Rutgers short field/gift points and SU can win.
I wanted to see Fisher win the punting job but this is the one game that i would feel better if Raupers was punting. Raupers seems to get the punt of quickly...i expect us to win a (fairly) close game but one blocked punt could tilt this game the other way

I'd say that the OL along with Ant and whoever else gets carries is huge this week. We need to sustain drives, and there's only so much you can ask Ryan to do in the passing game. Our running backs need to really step up, particularly on third downs and in the red zone, where we've tended to struggle to convert this season.

Coach Hackett is the key -- need play calling that gets us 7, not 3

Ball has to do a better job on the edge for field goals as well..

i get what you're saying here...but it amused me to look at it as if you were blaming the football for the missed PAT last week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom