Most impressive wins so far | Syracusefan.com

Most impressive wins so far

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Next week's opponent is high on the list with their defeat of Florida State in Ireland. It got me to thinking about the best results so far.

Here's my list:

Georgia's 34-3 beat down of Clemson was a statement that they intend to defend their title. Clemson has lost its momentum as a program, and of course this hurts national perception of the ACC.

Miami crushing Florida in the Swamp, 41-17. Even if you think Florida is down, that is a quality win on the road. Miami looks in the top tier of the conference.

Notre Dame beating a ranked Texas A&M was a high-risk scheduling choice that is going to yield them high reward when it comes to computer rankings for the college playoffs.

USC with a quality win against higher rated SEC opponent LSU. Love to see the SEC lose intersectional games. It's good for every other conference.

Penn State really handled a good West Virginia team who some are picking to win the Big 12. WVU had a top rushing attack last year, and the Nits just dominated on the road, 34-12.

It's a pIeasant reIief to hear that Morgantown wasn't set abIaze.
WiII PSU be a Big Ten championship factor?

The ISU Ioss couId cause a crisis in state government. They're not paying KeIIy 95 miIIion to Iose to, of aII things, Ieft coast teams.

Then you've got ND winning against the 12th man. CIearIy it's a cosmic sign.

Next week's opponent is high on the list with their defeat of Florida State in Ireland. It got me to thinking about the best results so far.

Here's my list:

Georgia's 34-3 beat down of Clemson was a statement that they intend to defend their title. Clemson has lost its momentum as a program, and of course this hurts national perception of the ACC.

Miami crushing Florida in the Swamp, 41-17. Even if you think Florida is down, that is a quality win on the road. Miami looks in the top tier of the conference.

Notre Dame beating a ranked Texas A&M was a high-risk scheduling choice that is going to yield them high reward when it comes to computer rankings for the college playoffs.

USC with a quality win against higher rated SEC opponent LSU. Love to see the SEC lose intersectional games. It's good for every other conference.

Penn State really handled a good West Virginia team who some are picking to win the Big 12. WVU had a top rushing attack last year, and the Nits just dominated on the road, 34-12.
Agree with your list although anything positive mentioning ND or PSU makes me cringe.

Here's my list:

Georgia has more talent than anyone. I don’t even know if it’s close.

I expect Miami and PSU to do their usual trip up games, but agree they were both good wins.

Notre Dame should be favored in every game left on their schedule outside of maybe USC if USC keeps winning.

Dabo’s refusal to use the portal is going to get all the publicity, but there are bigger issues with Clemson. The QB and WR development has been barely there and they are getting highly rated guys. I’m sure some are just overrated, but the development just isn’t there.

USC looks good. I don’t think they are elite tier yet, but it’s good they finally have a defense. Grinch basically stole money from them.

Brian Kelly throwing his team under the bus after game 1 is just fantastic. Always someone else’s fault.

It's a pIeasant reIief to hear that Morgantown wasn't set abIaze.
WiII PSU be a Big Ten championship factor?

The ISU Ioss couId cause a crisis in state government. They're not paying KeIIy 95 miIIion to Iose to, of aII things, Ieft coast teams.

Then you've got ND winning against the 12th man. CIearIy it's a cosmic sign.
When the SEC had to play a real opponent they went 2-3

VaTech laying an egg would have put them at 1-4

But of course ESPN ticker talks about the 60 point drubbing their top teams gave to tomato cans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom