Most Improved Player Next Year? | Syracusefan.com

Most Improved Player Next Year?

Who will be our Most Improved Player next year?

• Oshae Brissett

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Marek Dolezaj

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • Paschal Chukwu

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 19 19.8%

• Total voters

Lucid

Last One Picked
Who do you predict will be our Most Improved Player next year?

I'm going with Marek Dolezaj.

2 of the people on your list might not be on team next year

True, but I was only allowed 4 choices. Who would you have listed?
Choices are slim based on # players this year. Moyer, doley, I think frank can still improve. That’s about it

I’ll go with Sidibe.

Agreed. I feel like we have kind of seen Chewy's ceiling as a basketball player, but the jury is still totally out on Sidibe due to his injuries.

Howard or Washington

I like this question ...

Howard and Battle will probably be more efficient but put up smaller total numbers simply because they wont have to play 40 minutes and carry the offense every game. That's not the kind of thing that gets you recognized as most improved, so it wont be them.

Assuming Sidibe is healthy next year Chukwu will be in the same boat, playing a lot fewer minutes.

Dolezaj and Moyer will have trouble earning PT so it wont be them.

Same with Washington.

Brissett is an interesting choice. He started the year ice cold from 3, but has shot pretty well since. If he just shoots how he shot the second half of this year all year long next year, his numbers will look a lot better. And I'd expect he will shoot even better than that. If hr can finish around the basket too. He will definitely be most improved and probably be the best player on the team. Not sure I expect his finishing to improve though. That seems to be something you either habe or you dont have. Tough to learn. Still, good outside shooting and a ton of trips to the line might get the job done.

I'll choose Sidibe though. This is contingent on him being 100% healthy. If he is, he will split time with Chukwu, allowing Chukwu to focus on being an aggressive shot blocking force. While Sidibe becomes an offense threat. He's got the takent for that. If he's healthy, he will surprise people. And he will be a beast on the boards too.

I like this question ...

Howard and Battle will probably be more efficient but put up smaller total numbers simply because they wont have to play 40 minutes and carry the offense every game. That's not the kind of thing that gets you recognized as most improved, so it wont be them.

Assuming Sidibe is healthy next year Chukwu will be in the same boat, playing a lot fewer minutes.

Same with Washington.

Brissett is an interesting choice. He started the year ice cold from 3, but has shot pretty well since. If he just shoots how he shot the second half of this year all year long next year, his numbers will look a lot better. And I'd expect he will shoot even better than that. If hr can finish around the basket too. He will definitely be most improved and probably be the best player on the team. Not sure I expect his finishing to improve though. That seems to be something you either habe or you dont have. Tough to learn. Still, good outside shooting and a ton of trips to the line might get the job done.

I'll choose Sidibe though. This is contingent on him being 100% healthy. If he is, he will split time with Chukwu, allowing Chukwu to focus on being an aggressive shot blocking force. While Sidibe becomes an offense threat. He's got the takent for that. If he's healthy, he will surprise people. And he will be a beast on the boards too.
I agree 100% with everything you said.

It would not surprise me to see Brissett put up Wes Johnson numbers ~ 20/10 neighborhood with fg 48% and 3pt at 38%

I’ll go with Sidibe.
Sidibe is the guy. He might have been the most talented frosh center I have ever seen at Syracuse until he got injured. He has to get healthy and he has to share PT with Chukwu but I expect him to be a double figure scorer next season.

I like this question ...

Same with Washington.

Interesting on Dolezaj.. not sure I concur. His bball IQ is high as is his defensive intensity. A much more skilled KONG.

If he adds strength and can a reliable shooter have to think he gets in the mix at least initially...

I’ll go with Sidibe.

He's a good candidate (especially since his injury obscured how talented he already is) but I bet Chukwu will improve enough that Sidibe won't get enough minutes to show it.

My money's on Frank. Though it would shock me for Oshae to add .100 to his shooting percentage.

If Sidibe can get healthy and work on his game over the summer, then he's my choice.

If not, hopefully it's Oshae...

He's a good candidate (especially since his injury obscured how talented he already is) but I bet Chukwu will improve enough that Sidibe won't get enough minutes to show it.

My money's on Frank. Though it would shock me for Oshae to add .100 to his shooting percentage.

This was Paschal's third year on the hill. He's about where he will be for the rest of his life right now.

I like this thread. I cast my vote for other with the idea as many above have stated that it will be Sid. If Sid is healthy, it would be a very happy problem for it to be somebody other than him. There is very little doubt that a healthy Sid can be a force and that with a strong recovery from those health issues, that he will be a force.

I was surprised to see so many votes for Marek. I see two issues with it being Marek. Thew first is that unless Oshae leaves, which i predict against, he will see a lot fewer court minutes. The second issue is that the form on his shot is such, that it is hard to ever imagine him becoming a big-time scorer.

Chuk will be limited by his hands and you can't teach good strong hands.

Oshae is already a double-double machine. No doubt he will get more consistent and his game will become more refined, but he is playing at such a high level now that it is difficult to envision more than incremental improvement.

Frank Howard made a big jump already, hard to seeing another quantum jump two years in a row.

Howard Washington will probably not get much court time between the possibility he might need to take an injury shirt and the likelihood that there will not be a lot of available PT for him at the guard slot.

Matt Moyer, I hope i am wrong, but I just do not see enough skills in his play.

That's about it? Guys that are 22 can't improve? That isn't what I have seen over the years. Guys improve in the NBA all the time.
Of people who have played this year.

I like this question ...

Same with Washington.

I like the optimism re Battle returning. Hope this is the case...

it's a target rich environment, that's for sure

i'd go with boo

Sidibe is the guy. He might have been the most talented frosh center I have ever seen at Syracuse until he got injured. He has to get healthy and he has to share PT with Chukwu but I expect him to be a double figure scorer next season.

You would have to make the assumption that his condition improves, and even with surgical intervention that is far from a certainty. I believe you are correct if he gets back to healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom