Most Overrated Top 10 Team in America -- UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most Overrated Top 10 Team in America -- UConn

You'd think this was the UConn board with the constant flow of threads about them. Obviously, I can ignore them and mainly do. But I'd rather not see any at all. They are in our rear view mirror and I like it that way. I'm sick of hearing about them - UConn.

Nothing annoys me more than the posts. What's the point? We're not playing them, we're not in the same conference, and honestly, if their a "mid major" now, why do you put so much hatred towards something that is "irrelevant" to current Cuse hoops? F Cornell!!! At least we still play them.

Nothing annoys me more than the posts. What's the point? We're not playing them, we're not in the same conference, and honestly, if their a "mid major" now, why do you put so much hatred towards something that is "irrelevant" to current Cuse hoops? F Cornell!!! At least we still play them.

It's like Rutgers on the football board

We should label this as the UConn complex! Girls often go through similar reactions with girls who are more popular or better looking! I'm a diehard SU fan but UConn is flat out the more successful program and some people can't deal with it.

Oh, if you beat 2 ACC teams, Florida and Indiana in your first 9 games, do those games not count?

We should label this as the UConn complex! Girls often go through similar reactions with girls who are more popular or better looking! I'm a diehard SU fan but UConn is flat out the more successful program and some people can't deal with it.

Oh, if you beat 2 ACC teams, Florida and Indiana in your first 9 games, do those games not count?

Basically, this is what it comes down to: if a poster makes a realistic observation about UConn, nobody is going to like their post. If a poster makes a negative post about UConn (no matter how outlandish), it's going to get a ton of likes. So even though UConn is still a very healthy program in a pretty solid conference with a chance to make a deep run in this year's tourney, that reasonable thinking has been suppressed by the fiction that some have created that they're somehow completely irrelevant. It's just not true - no matter how many times we say it is.

And this is coming someone who hates UConn on the deepest level one can hate another sports team.

Basically, this is what it comes down to: if a poster makes a realistic observation about UConn, nobody is going to like their post. If a poster makes a negative post about UConn (no matter how outlandish), it's going to get a ton of likes. .

So my posts are "like" chasers? I make many posts on tourney observations, conference trends, posts in other game threads- those types of posts are probably not going to get many likes, and frankly I don't care. I post them because its things I like to talk about and observe. And I like to take cheap shots at teams from time to time - basically I post what I feel like posting.

My post was going to be about teams who were most overranked or underranked according to KP ratings. A type of post I like to do from time to time. It was originally going to be about Pitt, who has a high KP rating, which is open to some skepticism. But then I saw the difference for UConn, and I got sucked in with my dislike for them. and made the post about them.

Not sure how using observable data to make a point is an outlandish claim.

Last edited:
So all my posts are "like" chasers? I make many posts on tourney observations, conference trends, posts in other game threads- those types of posts are probably not going to get many likes, and frankly I don't care. I post them because its things I like to talk about and observe. And I like to take cheap shots at teams from time to time - basically I post what I feel like posting.

My post was going to be about teams who were most overranked or underranked according to KP ratings. A type of post I like to do from time to time. It was originally going to be about Pitt, who has a high KP rating, which is open to some skepticism. But then I saw the difference for UConn, and I got sucked in with my dislike for them. and made the post about them.

Not sure how using observable data to make a point is an outlandish claim, but anyway.

Your original post in this thread was good - I was just referring to the more meat-headed ones.

Your original post in this thread was good - I was just referring to the more meat-headed ones.

Sorry E. I have some personal frustrations that I am dealing with right now, and I took most of this thread as a personal attack, when in reality it is probably not even that.

Although, in retrospect I would have like to have made the post I intended which would have highlighted Pitt and UNC on the possibly underrated side, and UConn, Duke, and Zona on the possibly overrated side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom